BETA-5 Bugs

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

chucksampson

Re: BETA-5 Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

15. Effects Generator -> Matrix -> Bouncing. The number of items slider doesn’t change the number of items at all - it always stays at 6.

16. Effects Generator -> Pixel Effect -> Sweep. The sweep effect appears to change the colors of selected fixtures in the order of their index number. When using this effect where the fixtures span two universes it works great in Universe 1, but then when it switches to the last few fixtures in Universe 2, it does’t sweep through them, it just switches the color for all of Universe 2 fixtures at once. All of the other Pixel effects I have tried make the transition to Universe 2 just fine — seems to just be an issue with Sweep. Scene Floors->“Sweep Red/Bl/Yel” in the DVC file I sent you today will illustrate this.

17. Future Enhancement: Effects Generator -> Matrix -> Text. It would be awesome if the text size could go much larger to accommodate fixtures like an LED dance floor.

And one question, I'm assuming the pixel and matrix color effects only apply to RGB type fixtures and not those based on color wheels? Will that every change?

I really like the new effects generator... its well designed and quite powerful.

Thanks again.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi
thanks ;)

Sorry to say this but 15 and 16 are already corrected ;)
Regarding the 17, you can choose the size/font of the text by clicking on the "T" button. But i suppose you only want it to be larger, not higher ?

Right now it works with RGBs, CMYs and gray scaled dimmer. Maybe we will use an approximation to use color presets as well, we didn't think about it very much. We'll keep you posted ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

18: The length of a fader in show mode cannot be changed. Only the orientation.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hey
it's not a bug, it was done by design at the beginning... maybe we should change that..
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock