BETA-5 Bugs

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

chucksampson

BETA-5 Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

Thanks for the new beta. Its looking good.

Here are a few things I've seen:

1.I rebuilt my DVC file yesterday from scratch after downloading Beta 5. I started with a blank file, repatched all my fixtures and then imported scenes from the Beta 3 DVC file. When I saved the file, Daslight crashes. If I just import the scenes without repatching it works fine.

2. SHOW MODE locks up if I try to open the button configuration screen by either double clicking it or right-click and selecting it from the pop-up menu. The application is still responsive to the OS but the app stops responding and I can’t get out of full-screen mode unless I kill the app.

3. Moving buttons around in SHOW MODE is much improved. However, I haven’t been able move buttons/controls past the size of the window in full-screen mode. I have controls I want to move down past what I can see and make use of the full size of remote screen but it doesn’t seem to want to do that.

4. I’m not sure how to delete a button/control in SHOW MODE except to move it to a new page and delete the page. Would it make sense to add DELETE to the right-click pop-up menu?

If you want me to send the DVC files for these let me know.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi

1. Can you send me your show file ? We'll try it here
2. Hum, I'll try that but I already fixed some issues with dialog boxes ;)
3. Thanks, I just thought yesterday about automatically scrolling when you move a control around :)
4. Yep definitevely, right now, you can click on either delete or "apple" + "backwards" on osx (i think that's what it's called, but it's the same shortcut you use to delete files in the finder...)

Thanks for the feedback ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
sixo

Post by sixo »

Hi,

When I have lot of scenes in live mode and click the first one it changes but instantly jumps to the end of the scenes. Here is a video about it:
https://vid.me/6QPd

Also the fade is ok when I click on a scene but the next button gives no fade effect:
https://vid.me/jU4w
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi,
thanks for the feedback, we'll fix that for the next version ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
sixo

Post by sixo »

Great and thanks for the quick response, really like the new version, good job! :)
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

I'll send you those files shortly.. thanks.

I found one more:

5. The PAN/TILT effect generator doesn't work for a scanner (I used the generic one to verify) that is patched in UNIVERSE 2. It works fine if the scanner is in UNIVERSE 1 or if you have multiple patched over the two universes.

Have a good weekend!
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

Hi,

6. The screen saver disables the remote app in SHOW MODE.

Thanks.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
I can't reproduce the pan tilt problem on scanners. What do you mean it does not work ? The DMX levels and 3D seems ok...

Regarding the show mode, I'll see what i can do but I'm not sure I can do much since the OS should put the applications in sleep... Did it worked with ERA ?

Thanks for the feedbacks ;)

JRock
chucksampson

Re: BETA-5 Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

Here's how to reproduce the pan/tilt issue with scanners. I'm using the Feb 12 release on Mac:

Patch the generic scanner in universe 1 in a new file. Select Pan/Tilt in the effects generator and generate a circle with the default settings. This produces a scene with 4 steps that vary the pan/tilt values as expected.

If you start with another new file and patch the scanner to universe 2 (and no scanners are patched in universe 1). It generates a scene with only one step and that doesn't manipulate the pan/tilt values.

Thanks.
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

7. Minor Show Mode Bug - if you duplicate scene (A), copy this new scene (B) to a different group and then add your new scene (B) to the show mode screen then the color associated with the original scene (A) has changed to the color of scene B. So now both buttons A & B have the color associated with scene B.

8. This is a change from Beta-3 (Jan 29) to Beta-5 (Feb 12) beta that made duplicating steps harder to use. When duplicating scene steps in Beta-3 by selecting a step and pressing the “+” sign it would duplicate the step and make the new one the next step in the sequence and highlight the new step. Now in Beta-4, instead of highlighting the new step, it moves the highlight to the last step of the scene. It was easier to use when the new step remained highlighted instead of the last so you could just grab your new step and move it where you wanted.

9. Show Mode: If you set custom button text with an icon, it doesn’t take effect the first time. You must reopen the modify configuration dialog and click OK a second time for it to take effect.

10. In some situations, where there is room to patch additional fixtures in universe 1 and you attempt to do so, it moves the fixture to universe 2. This happens when both dragging and dropping fixtures and using the patch dialog. I can send you a DVC that illustrates if it helps.

11. When editing scenes, sometimes the + sign will get stuck on (just like when you are moving steps) and then within a few seconds it will crash. I'm sorry that I can’t tell you how to reproduce this but I have encountered it a half dozen times. :-)

12. Being able to copy and paste a group of steps from one scene to another is an important feature enhancement that I hope you are planning. It seems like this would be a basic function that should be included.

13. In Show mode, button colors and still not saved in the DVC file and the refresh problem persists and is serious. The buttons are also hard to position when you get a bunch on the screen. The show mode is difficult to use with these issues.

Thanks for all your good work! Have a great weekend.
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

14. When setting up a scene to JUMP TO multiple other scenes, it works if the multiple other scenes are in the same group. If the multiple scenes span multiple groups then it doesn't save the jumps.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi chuck :)

First, thanks for the feedback, it's really helping ;)
Then, the P/T scanner problem will be fixed for the next version, with a couple of other effect related fixes :wink:

7, 8, 10, 11, 13: Some of them are collateral damage due to other bugs we fixed, but we'll check them first thing monday morning.

9, 14: Already fixed ;)

12: Good idea, it's not planned for the official release, but I'll add it to the ideas for future release...

Thanks again :)

JRock
Jp

Post by Jp »

Just fixed the 8, 11 may be fixed soon ;)
Can you send me a dvc file for the 10 ?
Thx

JRock
donron

Post by donron »

I would like to control the speed of an scene on the "SHOW" mode. So, i tried to copy (alt + click) the dimmer with the rabbit icon in "LIVE" mode but the software gave me a "master dimmer" in the "SHOW" mode.

However, is it possible to integrate this feature or is there another opportunity to control the speed of a scene in the "SHOW" mode?

Thanks
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
Nope, not yet possible, it will come later though.

JRock