Running Scenes causing DVC4 to Crash

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

chucksampson

Running Scenes causing DVC4 to Crash

Post by chucksampson »

I have found a new situation where Daslight4 will crash. Certain scenes appear to have become corrupted in my DVC file. When I choose them they run just fine. However, as soon as I switch to a different scene it causes DVC4 to crash.

I have been creating larger scenes with the effects generator (some near 100 steps) and I am wondering if this is causing the problem (although its not these scenes that are corrupt). I will PM a DVC file and instructions to reproduce to JP.

As always, thanks for your help. :-)
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

I spent quite a bit of time playing with this issue and there appears to be two factors that may be contributing to the crashes: (1) creating several scenes (using effects generator) with 50-100+ steps; and (2) patching more fixtures (see EXAMPLE #3 below).

Environment: Mac OS running the Jan 29th BETA

These files are contained in JP02142016.zip that I will PM to you.

EXAMPLE #1 - DVC4 CRASHES RUNNING SCENES
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open D4CRASH1.dvc
2. On the LIVE tab, Choose the first scene RUBIKS CUBE in the FLOOR COLORS group. The scene will run correctly.
3. Click any other scene and it will crash

EXAMPLE #2 - DVC4 CRASHES ON FILE OPEN AFTER IMPORTING SCENE
After importing scenes from another DVC4 file, DVC4 will crash when reopening the file.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open D4CRASH2.dvc (this DVC file runs fine without issues)
2. Choose IMPORT SCENES and Open D4IMPORT.dvc
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the group FLOOR COLORS and choose the size scenes that begin with “Val: “ and import.
4. SAVE AS the file to a new name and EXIT daylight
5. Restart Daslight and open the file you just saved. Daylight will crash while its loading the DVC file.

EXAMPLE #3 - PATCHING ADDITIONAL FIXTURES CAUSES SCENES TO CRASH
Steps to reproduce
1. Open D4CRASH2.dvc
2. If you start running scenes in the FLOOR COLOR group they will run fine.
3. PATCH three new American DJ\Mega Series\Mega Bar 50 RGB in Mode 6 starting at channel 111 on Universe 2.
4. If you start running scenes in the FLOOR COLOR Group it will crash immediately.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

All three of these scenarios are fixed with Beta 5.