Livemode Group behaviour like in DCV3

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

nano_cube

Livemode Group behaviour like in DCV3

Post by nano_cube »

Have anybody recognized the missing feature of Daslight 4 compared to DVC3 with groups?
When starting a group in DVC3 all included scenes start playing, if doing the same in Daslight4 only the top one starts. That is really annoying. Is this a bug or am I missing an option box?

Also in show mode I have only the possibilty to connect one scene/group/... to a button. In DVC3 I could connect more actions to one button, which is a feature I really need.

It would be great if someone could help me or these bugs are getting fixed in the next versions.

Greetings

nano
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi
Using the default options, you can't trigger all the scenes a the same time. By default the group auto release is activated so when you try to start another scene, all the others will stop. I just tried with the latest DVC3, when i play a group, it plays the last scene of the group. There is a bug though, if you click multiple times on the play button it will always play the last non playing scene of the group, I'll talk to the DVC3 team about it...

Regarding the "command" based system of ERA, it was not planned originally in Daslight 4. But since it's a really big feature and a lot of people are asking for it, we will add it in future versions of Daslight after the official release (we are actually focusing on bug fixing).

Hope this helps
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
nano_cube

Post by nano_cube »

So the "feature" I have in DVC3 that I actually can trigger all group scenes at once is a bug and not a feature? That would be really bad, because that's the thing I need. Also the multiple connected commands in DVC4 since there is no era anymore.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Yes...
What you can do though is setting all the scenes you want to trigger with "Release Off" and use a trigger scene with 1 step that will jump to all the scenes you want to trigger.
It works until we work on the multi command for easy remote...
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
nano_cube

Post by nano_cube »

Hey JP,

thank you so far and thank you very much. That is the solution!
I mad an trigger scene for each group, releasing all other scenes and jumping to 3 several scenes after finishing. The Starttriggerscene is a blackout scene with a duration of half a second. This works very good! So I can use the new beautiful showmode of DasLight 4.
Problem solved!