SHOW Mode Bugs

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

chucksampson

SHOW Mode Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

Good morning,

I found the following bugs with SHOW mode:

1. I have about 40 scene buttons on a single page. Almost every time the Easy Remote app connects to the Daslight server, one or two buttons appear in the remote app in the very upper left hand corner sitting on top of each other and on top of the Daslight logo/watermark (they still show in the correct spot on the PC or Mac). Moving the buttons over one space and back in Daslight causes them to pop back into place in Easy Remote but they move again when reconnecting the remote app.

2. The background color of the buttons in SHOW mode defaults to the color associated with the group in Live/Edit mode. Often when trying to set the background color to a different color it isn't updated - it remains the group color. It seems if you add the button from SHOW mode instead of using (Alt + click) it will work correctly more often.

3. I created buttons that weren't linked to any function, associated an icon to them, set a background color and added custom text to use as headers for groups of buttons. The icons appeared with the background color I set. However, when I saved my DVC file and restarted Daslight, the BACKGROUND COLOR was saved in the file associated with these header buttons but the background color and text colors did not DISPLAY.

4. Usability Comment: I don't have any documentation so I have just been playing around but I'm not sure the purpose of the dotted frame or why it has to be in place to make any modifications to the buttons.

This is going to be a great new feature!

Thanks.
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

5. When holding down the ALT button and clicking on all the scenes on the EDIT screen, I found that it missed some of my scenes and they didn't get added to the SHOW mode.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi

As always, thanks for the feedback :)

1. I had a bug I just fixed but yes, we have refresh problems. It will be fixed in future versions, I do not have a date though...
2/3. Oups, will be fixed for the next version :)

4. The manual is not finished, that's why there is no documentation yet... The show mode was designed to replace the ERA app in DVC3. It's now incorporated completely in Daslight 4.
There is 2 modes: live and modification. You can switch using the button first button on the top right panel in show mode. When in live, you can't select/move/edit controls, they act like standard color wheels, P/T, sliders and buttons. In edit mode, you can now move/edit the controls.
One important improvement is the way we translate the control position in daslight 4 to their respective position in easy remote. Before, the whole screen was used. Now, we only use a portion of the screen, delimited in edit mode by the white dotted frame ;) .You can adjust it with the "Remote" part on the right panel for you device screen with ratio and zoom functionalities. And since each page have it's own config, you can set it up for different devices using different pages.

Don't hesitate to ask for other questions/remarks ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Jp

Post by Jp »

5. yes, I just saw that, it add controls when you release the mouse with "alt" pressed, it's a design flaw, we're on it
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

Wow, you are quick on the fixes. :) Thanks for the explanation in 4 about live/edit mode... it makes lots more sense now.

6. When you select multiple buttons and modify the configuration. Properties where it makes sense to update all the buttons (like color, size, background) color are only updating one of the buttons and not all of them.

7. I think this is a bug: I'm testing with an iPad mini and I choose "iPad Mini 2-4" on the right and it sizes the dotted frame. I design my page and it displays and works perfectly on the remote. I save, exit, and restart Daslight and the remote app. On the iPad, the resolution has decreased and I don't see all my buttons anymore. In Daslight, the device wasn't saved and the pulldown has blank selected. When I choose "iPad Mini 2-4" again and then the iPad goes back to the original resolution and it looks good.

Thanks.
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

8. I have 3 pages of buttons now and sometimes the buttons become very difficult to move around. It's almost like they are "stuck down with glue" and if you keep trying to move them long enough they eventually move. Restarting seems to help a little.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
Those 3 bugs will be fixed for the next version :)

JRock
chucksampson

Post by chucksampson »

Hi JP, One thought on (1)... you might want to consider the refresh problem a higher priority defect because if someone has implemented two or more screens and they switch back and forth, this usually causes a couple buttons to move to the upper left hand corner and the show mode isn't usable. If you have one screen then you can always fix it when you start and you are fine as long as the remote doesn't restart.

I've only tested with MAC to iPad and iPhone so it may not exist with other remote.

Just something to think about. :) Thanks.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
Yes don't worry, a lot of things are already fixed and it's much more usable. For further enhancements, I have to wait for the mobile team, they are working on something big right now and don't have much time...

JRock
chucksampson

Re: SHOW Mode Bugs

Post by chucksampson »

I'm still seeing item 3 above (icon colors not getting saved). I'm wondering if you fixed after the cutoff for Beta-5?
Jp

Re: SHOW Mode Bugs

Post by Jp »

Ok, i just tried and yes there is another thing...

Try this please:
- create your button exactly like before
- edit it, don't change anything and press OK
- save/load to try

I may have introduces a bug when I made the multi control edition...

JRock