plugin/addon support?

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

mitchel

plugin/addon support?

Post by mitchel »

Hello all, I'm currently testing the new daslight 4 and so far its a huge improvement. I really like the new design and features but i still miss some things that are not particulary necesary for everybody. One of those features is to auto generate save-files for specific lamps that I use frequently. So my question is: will daslight 4 support plugins/addon of any kind?
(The programming languages will not become a problem)

Thank you in advance
Mitchel
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hey

I'm sorry but no plugin support is planned. What do you have in mind ?
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
LJMarc

Post by LJMarc »

A plugin/addon support would be really nice, so I could add features that are missing for me.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Yes, it would be nice but it's like a huge feature, which have a lot of consequences on the whole software and it's dependent librairies. I made the new effect engine, so I know the pain it is to make/support. Maybe in the future, but not for now, we still need to stabilize the software first ;)
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
mitchel

Post by mitchel »

Oki, but is it maybe possible to disclose th mockup of the save file and how you guys compiled it. I'd like to make an save file creator. The reason for this is that I use the same lamps quite often but each time in different amounts and configurations. In addition do i always have the problem that there is not enough time on location to properly program daslight for the upcoming show.
jbjhjm

Re: plugin/addon support?

Post by jbjhjm »

I'm sharing mitchel's point of view.
Of course a "real" software-wide plugin support would be very difficult to implement.
But I'd love to e.g. let a script control a scene's content instead of manually generating / "hard-coding" steps before.
Just sayin'... such features are great and provide huge flexibility :)