DVC4 with BCF2000

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

ericroozendaal

DVC4 with BCF2000

Post by ericroozendaal »

Hello,

I'm using an BCF2000 to control DVC4. When i have all the controls from my BCF2000 bound to my desired faders in DVC4, it all works well. But when i save the file and close Daslight, and re open the project again, all my settings for my BCF2000 are gone. I have to re bound every control again. Is there a way to save my MIDI settings??

Eric
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi
Thanks for the feedback, It works fine with the one we have here. Do you use the latest version ? Can you PM me your show file ?
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
ericroozendaal

Post by ericroozendaal »

I didn't saw there was a newer version available. In the new version it works! But then it doesn't work anymore with my DVC2 dongle :(
DJ J
Operating System: Mac OS X

Re: DVC4 with BCF2000

Post by DJ J »

Hey there,

my BCF2000 works fine with the Software. But there is one thing, i want to know.

For example i patch a simple RGB Par (3 Channels) and make a scene (1. Step red, 2. Step green, 3. Step blue).
On my BCF, the first fader is linked to channel 1 from the RGB Par, the second fader is linked to channel 3 from the RGB Par, etc.

In live-Mode i can controll the RGB Par with my faders of the BCF. But when i start the scene, the motorfaders don't move like the faders in daslight, they are still in null-position.

Is there a problem with my configuration or is it a bug?

Thanks from Germany,
Jonas
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hey Jonas,

This is how it should work. Daslight 4 only sends feedback if you change the values by hand (drag the fader handle or move the colorwheel cursor, for example). We made it work that way because we didn't want the MIDI faders to keep moving up and down by themselves for the whole time of a show just to follow the DMX values.

It does change the values correctly if you move your BCF2000 faders, right ?

Have a great day !

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
DJ J
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by DJ J »

Hey TomHat,

you're right, it works fine by moving the faders or changing the values in daslight.

Thanks for your answer, now i know that my configuration is okay.

Regards, Jonas