Some bugs of the Jan29 version

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ondeth
Operating System: Windows

Some bugs of the Jan29 version

Post by Ondeth »

Howdy!
A few minutes ago I've updated to the Jan 29 version of Daslight 4 and went bug hunting :P

It seems that the update feature of the installer doesn't work correctly - it's downloading the updates, but when I try to open up Daslight, it gives me an "unknown error" - so I had to uninstall and redownload the new version - no tragedy but an improvement suggestion for the next version or maybe you were faster and it's already solved in the 29er version. :D

The "ScanLibrary" button works fine now - but only the first time you're clicking on it;)
I tried to open the ScanLibrary a second time, but that doesn't work - the button is greyed out, I guess it's simply disabled, so clicking on it will not start the ScanLibrary Editor.

Restarting DasLight re-enables the button again so you can click on the button again to launch the SL Editor - alternatively you can start the editor manually in the program files (DVC 4 installation path\ScanLibrary Editor\ScanLibrary.exe)

The BPM counter shows constantly 170 bpm or for a half of a second second 0 bpm - tested with about 10 songs (Insomnia [Faithless], Tsunami [Dvbbs&Borgeous], ...) - the counter shows 170 bpm even when no song is running :lol:

Then I've tested the effects generator with 5 LED PAR 64 : I've patched 5 x led par 64 in my new project and noticed a small display bug : the small squares in the bottom right windows which should represent the PARs are initially created in a very strange position : outside the screen :D
This happens on all of my 3 computers running win 7, 7 and 8.1 with different resoultions. Just a minor defect for your records :P

Nevertheless : Thanks for the great update :D

I'll add future bugs of the Jan29 version in this thread so that they are not scattered all over the DVC4 forum :)
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hey

Thanks for the list :wink:

Yes there is a bug with the scanlib shortcut in daslight 4, you'll see the fix in the next beta.

Regarding the BPM, there is two things to consider: first there is a bug, when no sound is detected, we display the medium value of the expected range, which is, well 170 ;) . However the "real" BPM is displayed by the little icon next to the number, under BPM, it flashes when some sound is received. Does it blink ?

And for the effects, well, it's an annoying long time bug we'll fix hopefully for the next beta if we have the time to find a fix...
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Ondeth

Post by Ondeth »

Regarding scanlib and effects bugs : Thanks :wink: :D

I rechecked the BPM counter and the icon - it doesn't blink , even if I change my sound input to my second, external, sound card :?

So I guess it's the "no sound detected" bug :wink:

Another bug (I guess) :

When I'm patching 5x a PAR 64 (par 64 led cob 4x15w rgb) into Daslight 4 and then trying to change the color via the faders , the squares on the bottom right are showing the wrong / last color - for example : I've tried to create the color 'pink' and then moving the dimmer fader to 255 , all squares stayed black - then I changed the color to cyan - all sqares changed to pink

after that I've moved the strobe fader up : all squares changed to cyan and after a few seconds they changed to a very weird version of black :lol:

Jp

Post by Jp »

Can you check in the windows sound properties (or the OSX equivalent) to check if the levels are good ? There should also be the pule-o-meter moving... Also try to raise the volume/sensitivity..

I will check the other bug myself, it's weird because they act somewhat like a CMY fixture but it should be RGB....
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Ondeth

Post by Ondeth »

Well I checked the levels - all fine & working (the input of my external soundcard splits in 2 outputs - one into my pc DVC4 input and one to my external stereo sound system - both outputs are fine)

I also tried to raise the sensitivity - had no effect on the bpm counter - still 170 :?

But then I switched the input in DVC4 to another source and switched off BPM via the on-off-toggle on the right - switched it back on and switched to my external soundcard again - and until now it works , but not fine - the BPM field blinks very fast and the BPM counter steadily increased and stopped at it's maximum of 250 :lol:
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hey

just for information, the weird beam bug will be fixed in the next version :)

JRock
Jan09

Post by Jan09 »

I found a other bug at Easy View. Some RGB lamps (for exampel the GLP Volkslicht) only show red at Easy View. At Daslight i can see all the colors.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hey
check the fifth channel, the color preset will force the color. Se it to the "Undef" preset and it will work fine ;)

JRock
Jan09

Post by Jan09 »

This does not work with my version. For a short time green worked, but now blue. Now only red works.

This is not the original function of the fixture. At the fixture i move the RGB faders an see the colours. I don´t have to do anything with the fith channel.
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hi
It's weird, it worked this morning.. Did you try with the latest version ?

JRock
Jan09

Post by Jan09 »

I use the Jan29 2016 Version
Jp

Post by Jp »

There's a new version available on the website, please try with that one.

JRock
Jan09

Post by Jan09 »

I installed the new version. But it´s the same red works all the time. Green worked for a short time but no blue.