Beta3 bugs report

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

PolDavril
Operating System: Windows

Beta3 bugs report

Post by PolDavril »

When DVC4 exits, it still crashes when the installation path is set to "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." (or any other).
No more crash when it's installed in the default folder "C:\Daslight 4 Beta".
(bug already reported before - Given workaround works, see other post).

========================================

Cursors do not display immediately unless clicks are made.
1) (Re)start DVC4.
2) Click "PATCH"
3) Patch "JB SYSTEMS" > "LED" > "led par64b" starting DMX channel 1.
(drag and drop from ScanLibrary to Patch).
4) Click "EDIT" then the Scene button.
As far, NO CURSORS are displayed in "led par64b" tab.
I have to click "General" tab for the cursor appear, and click "led par64b" again.
It should be better if the cursors were displayed as soon as the Scene button is clicked.
(bug already reported before)

Strange behaviour when moving a group of steps (drag & drop).
Exemple, I've got 5 steps in a scene (with different fade times from 1 to 5 seconds to be identified easily).

The original order: 1-2-3-4-5
I select steps 3 and 4.
I move them together at the top of the scene.
It should display: 3-4-1-2-5 (correct) but I've got 3-1-4-2-5 (not correct).

The move procedure for a step is often hesitant.
I mean the "not allowed" red symbol remains visible and the dragged element has to be moved around before dropping it (or clicked again), for the position indicators change (and the red symbol be replaced by a small arrow).
(bug already reported before)

In SHOW Mode, when the LOCK icon is clicked, the focus should be set to the "Password" field.
For now, the field must be clicked for the cursor displays in that field.
Same in LIVE mode.

In SHOW Mode, edit mode, the control can still be moved even if the LOCK is ON. Intentional or bug ?

In SHOW Mode, minor mispelling : the titlebar of confirmation window should display "Delete control(s)" instead of "Delete controls(s)" (extra S).

In PATCH mode, when a fixture is dragged & dropped from the ScanLibrary, the fixture does not display in the view.
It happens sometimes, probably depending on what actions have been done before...

Some crashes when clicking (more than the previous beta, in my opinion).
More info asap via the reporter.

Question : is there a general master fader as in DVC3 ? Cannot find it.

Extra question : are we entitled to a discount price for spending hours debugging the stuff ?... ;)

Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi Poldravil

Thanks for the feedback :wink:
We'll look into the bugs you reported and we'll fix them for the next beta.

Regarding the step drag and drop, we know there is a very odd behavior, if you don't carefully drag and drop the steps by moving your mouse on the right or the left, you'll see the forbidden icon and you cannot perform you drag and drop...

Regarding the crashes, the only one we got so far is when you create an audio effect and no audio input device is available (so don't try :wink: ). And another one with the scene group button that we discovered today... Can you be more precise when they occurs more often ?

For the master dimmer, we will look into it, a lot of people are already asking about the feature :?
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock