Midi feature

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Ravemind

Midi feature

Post by Ravemind »

I know some other people have asked about this in the past and I'd like to bring it up again as you guys are fine tuning the new software.

Please, please, midi support for control surfaces like the APC Mini would be great. Specifically control of the leds.

I know it's possible since they have it in ShowXpress and qlc+.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fia9BSD2VR8

I think it is just the option to manually set the midi note out message.
APC doesn't provide midi info, but dedicated users have worked it out.
https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s ... 1421447412

Great work on the new version. I was thinking to move away from Daslight, but this version looks like it will keep me. Love the effects generator.

Thanks
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi
Did you try to edit the max value of the pairing ? The value is set when a midi message is detected but you can edit it and the software will send the feedback with this new value :wink:
I even think it work in DVC3, there is a MIDI configuration windows for this kind of settings...
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Ravemind

Post by Ravemind »

Hi,

I got it working in DVC3. Thank you for that. It has more settings to adjust than I was aware of.

In DVC4 I can't get it to work properly. I went back spent an hour trying every combination of the limited options.
I think there needs to be a way to send note OFF value.

I can set the Max: and Min: to the appropriate code for the button color. If I use the Live screen in DVC4 to play back the scenes, the buttons will light up as they should, but I CAN NOT use the APC mini to trigger the scenes. The Max: must be set to 127 for the APC mini to work as a trigger.

Thanks,
Jon
Jp

Post by Jp »

Hum looks like a bug... I'll check this on monday but it should work using the "enable midi release", "feedback" and "feedback when data received" options...

Did you set the "feedback when received data" option ? It's here just for this purpose, send the Max/Min defined value when a message is received.
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
Ravemind

Post by Ravemind »

I keep getting a midi loop error when enabling "feedback when data received." Before I get that error I was able to get a few button presses in. It would trigger the scene, the led would turn green but would stay on after that. It doesn't turn off or change color when the scene is deactivated or another scene is triggered.

I think the APC mini needs 3 different values. send note 127, led color in off state, and led color in on state.
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

I'm not seeing where you can set the midi out values on DVC3. I have a full size APC 20, and can't get the leds to stay lit when active. I got it to work on my launchpad mini, but no matter what I set the min/max, on/off values to with the APC, it does the same thing, just flashes green when the button is pushed.

Any help is much appreciated.
Ravemind

Post by Ravemind »

I don't know if the APC 20 works the same way as the Mini. In dvc3 I must set max to 127 and min to numbers 0-6 depending on the off color I want. 3 is red for example.
I can't control the active color it's always solid green.

I was mistaken before thinking that the note off makes any difference. It doesn't seem to affect the way the lights and buttons work.
Jp

Post by Jp »

With the BCF2000 we have, we can configure the button to hold (like an on/off switch) or to automatically release the value (like a push button). Maybe you have to configure you APC to hold...

JRock
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

On DVC4 it won't let me set the minimum without having the release activated, which makes the pad react as a bump, rather than on/off. Is there anyway to set the minimum without having release activated?
Jp

Post by Jp »

Right now no it's not possible

JRock
waynehaffenden

Re: Midi feature

Post by waynehaffenden »

I know this is not possible right now but again I agree this feature is really useful for the future