i need a external input (Keyb./MIDI/HE10) for STEP

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

djquickwilli_2

i need a external input (Keyb./MIDI/HE10) for STEP

Post by djquickwilli_2 »

if i use the Keyboard or an external Signal on HE10-Port for BPM, then the Analyzer calculates the corresponding BPM. This BPM-Value is used for the Steps in the Scenes.

What i am looking for is a functionality, which NOT calculates a virtual BPM-Value.
I have a external (analogue) NF-Analyzer, which gives me perfect trigger pulses to control the scene-steps. Also perfect for break-beats and floating BPMs in different songs like "Schlager" and POP.
The "Pulse-function" in the older Analyzer is not very suitable...

May be you could set a check-box with "BPM calc / BPM pulse / BPM external".

If i use a slower PC, the analyzing stuff must not done from this PC and i can outsource this to a special piece of hardware.
Jp
Operating System: Windows

Post by Jp »

Hi
If i understand, you need an external clock for the bpm of you scene/step ?
It will be possible to use a midi clock in the next versions, but no keyboard/HE10 support is planned.
Don't forget to mark the post as answered when you find the answer to your question ;)
Please use the "Operating System" field in your preferences for better support :)

JRock
djquickwilli_2

Post by djquickwilli_2 »

Yes, the clock itself is generated by an external circuit.
I think that it would be possible to convert this external trigger signal to a MIDI-Command, but the easier way would be the HE10-Port, because the signal came as a TTL-Pulse.

The most important point is, that each single pulse force a single step in the scene.

If i could switch off the BPM-"calculator" then i could use a Keybord-stroke and a simple circuit which sends a keyboard-character at each pulse. That would be much easier than a MIDI-converter.