Showfile doesn't contain graphics

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

mkai
Operating System: Windows

Showfile doesn't contain graphics

Post by mkai »

Hi there,

I control the Lights with the App on my Tablet. In Daslight i designed the Appinterface with custom graphics. I ran into a problem. The graphics was saved on an external drive. That is unlucky because if i remove the external drive the graphics in the showfile doesn't load. It would be much better and easier if they would be saved into the showfile.

Or is there any setting that i missed?
Attachments
tablet
tablet
Screenshot_20210417-010409_EasyRemote.jpg (138.86 KiB) Viewed 2842 times
TomHat

Re: Showfile doesn't contain graphics

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

The showfile can only contain a direct path to your graphic elements. Sadly we can't really save the images into the showfile, as it already can get quite big as it is.

My tip would be to create a folder for your whole show. You can store all your images and your showfile in there.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
mkai
Operating System: Windows

Post by mkai »

That tip is not bad i already thought about this but there is one problem:
If i store that folder on an external device and plug it in another computer. The chance is big that the drive letter is different. So it can not be loaded. It would only be possible to make a folder in c:/ witch is the same on every windows computer. The solution would be ok but not really satisfactory.
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

I understand... a solution I'm using for other softwares is to assign a permanent letter to my USB drive. There are a bunch of tutorials out there to help with this. Doing that forces the drive to take a specific letter instead of the next available one whenever you connect it to your computer.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500