Daslight 4 randomly closes

The previous Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

lugamil
Operating System: Windows

Daslight 4 randomly closes

Post by lugamil »

Hi
Sometimes my daslight 4 randomly closes. I am just programming leds and my pc is not running out of memory or something like that. I use Windows 10. I get no crash reports, the software just closes. I hope there is a solution. Thank you.
adbliveltd

Re: Daslight 4 randomly closes

Post by adbliveltd »

I'm having the same problem.

I got the impression that this could be used for professional use but it crashes often and I don't feel I can trust it.

Please let us know if there is a fix for this.

Having spent the money on the top model of daslight devices I would even consider buying a new computer to run it but I've used it with top end Macs and OCs with the same fault accuring at random.

Please help.

Thank you

Adi
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Guys,

Strange to hear your having problem with the software on both Mac & PC.

To help further first please make sure you are using the latest official version of Daslight 4 (22.12.17 - links below). We know the late version to be stable and not had many report of random crashes.
www.daslight.com/download.htm

If after confirming your using the latest official version if you both give as much details regarding the crash and your set-up as possible. Step but step instructions on how to reproduce or a screen grab video would be helpful so we can investigate further.

Kins regards
Benno
--
Product Support
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

I got the same problems. Random crashes which are not reproducible. Had last weekend a six hours show with four crashes inbetween. One crash for example happened in the moment where I switched from one fixture tab to another (at the bottom of the screen).

This software is far away from stable.

Edit: Current release on a mac with current MacOS.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Hi Guys,

It's important for us to determine exactly where crashes are coming from so the developers can investigate and work on a fix.

The more details regarding the crashes the better. Also if you could add #p15280 when submitting a crash report. That way the devs are able to find relevant reports for this crash and start working on a fix if possible.

Cheers
Benno
--
Product Support
Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Post by Steffen »

Is it possible to save crash reports and send them later? Usually I am not online with my MacBook during a Show.
Benno

Post by Benno »

Unfortunately Daslight needs an internet connection to be able to send the crash report. If you don't have internet you can copy the crash report data. If you have a crash, don't click send. Right click the Daslight 4 icon and click Show Package Contents > contents/MacOS/crashes. The crash report data should be temporarily saved here.
Benno
--
Product Support
filou11

Re : Daslight 4 ferme au hasard

Post by filou11 »

Ditto for me, the software closes in programming.
I have the latest version of 22/12/2017.
It's random, no way to know when it's going to close.
Sorry my english google translation.
Philippe de France
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Bonjour Philippe,

Voici une traduction du message de Benno:
Benno wrote:Il est important que nous puissions déterminer avec exactitude la provenance du crash, afin que les développeurs puisse dégager une solution.

Plus nous recevrons de détails à ce sujet, mieux ce sera. Dans cette optique, il serait intéressant pour vous d'écrire #p15280 en commentaire au moment de l'envoi du rapport de crash. De cette façon, nos développeurs pourront repérer les rapports de crash et les utiliser pour trouver une solution.

Je vous souhaite bonne lecture, en espérant pouvoir vous envoyer une version fonctionnelle dans les plus brefs délais.

Cordialement,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
lugamil

Post by lugamil »

Hi
The problem is still not fixed for me. Sometimes I can work in the software for a week without any problems but sometimes like today the software stops working 3 times in 2 hours of programming. I have not updated to the new update from 24.05 but I will asap and Hope's that fixed it. To be clear, what happens is randomly, the screen goes white and after a while a message box appears to close the program or wait. I have tried waiting for an hour but nothing happens. Closing the software doesn't give me any option to send a crash report. The crashes happen randomly. Once I went to get something to eat and when I came back it had crashed. I run windows 10 and my PC is not nearly using all its power. This crash also happens in every show, not just one show.
I will keep you up to date and let you know if the update helped or if I can get any more details about this crash. Thank you for helping