Daslight 3 Easy Remote stops working after few seconds

No longer active, please use Daslight Forum according to the version of Daslight you are using.

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

cooperonius
Operating System: Windows

Daslight 3 Easy Remote stops working after few seconds

Post by cooperonius »

Hi,

Windows 7, DVC128 with Daslight 3. I set up some scenes. When I start EasyRemote Web, everything works as expected (the daslight ip:2000 page loads fine), however, it stops working after a few seconds usually. Sometimes it holds up for longer, depending on how often I change scenes. Usually I can change scenes 5 or 6 times, before it becomes totally unresponsive. The EasyRemote webserver simply stops responding on port 2000. This makes Daslight totally useless for me, as this is a home situation and the whole point behind me getting Daslight was so I could remote control my lights, from all my devices.

I have tried with both Windows XP and Windows 7, on two different computers, with both Daslight 3 and Daslight 3 Beta. Same thing always happens: EasyRemote web crashes.

Please advise.

Edit: oh, if I try to use the app instead of the web interface, basically the same thing happens. If the app loads at all (which happened twice out of the 20 times I tried), it works for a few seconds, then nothing.

Regards,
Cooperonius
cooperonius

Re: Daslight 3 Easy Remote stops working after few seconds

Post by cooperonius »

Some more info... this past weekend it's managed to work for the whole weekend, although to be honest I didn't use the remote app often, I guess that helps. I was almost hopeful that it might actually not be totally broken, but it just crashed again while controlling a slider. Now connecting to :2000 just times out again.

Either the EasyRemote software is immensely broken, or I'm doing something wrong. But I don't know what I can try.
cooperonius

Post by cooperonius »

After the latest crash I had to reboot my computer completely even. And on here I'm just talking to a wall. Does anyone at Daslight actually care they're SELLING a piece of software that is BROKEN?
TomHat

Post by TomHat »

Hello cooperonius,

Sorry to read that you're experiencing this much bugs and crashes with our Daslight 3 ER. We'll look into these issues but first, a couple of questions for you :

- Are you using the latest version of DVC3 ? If not, please download the latest version from our website.
At the moment it is the Beta version from Feb 12th, here http://www.daslight.com/fr-fr/download.htm

- Does it crash especially when you're using a specific show file ? If so, could you please send me the file(s) so I can try and reproduce the crash ?

- I understand you never needed to test it in Demo mode, but could you please try using the ERA without any interface connected ? Does it crash as well ?

Once again, we'll look into it and come up with a fix as soon as possible.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500
cooperonius

Post by cooperonius »

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. And thanks for your reply.

TomHat wrote:- Are you using the latest version of DVC3 ? If not, please download the latest version from our website.

I am using the latest DVC3 Beta version.

TomHat wrote:- Does it crash especially when you're using a specific show file ? If so, could you please send me the file(s) so I can try and reproduce the crash ?

I only have one file, I've sent you a private message containing a download link.

TomHat wrote:I understand you never needed to test it in Demo mode, but could you please try using the ERA without any interface connected ? Does it crash as well ?

Yes, it crashes just as hard when I start Daslight with the USB interface disconnected.