Showtec sunstrip active matrix

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

jslpro

Showtec sunstrip active matrix

Post by jslpro »

Hello,

I was waiting for DVC3, since I read on the forum it has support for ssl2 files wich have multibeam support what is needed for sunstrips.

Now i tested it and i still don't get the maxtrix function to work on sunstrips.

Is this stil not possible ?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Multibeam matrixes are supported in DVC3, however they are not supported in the 3D simulator. To view the separate beams in the 3D simulator you need to make a manual patch and create a separate fixture for each RGB
danwest

Post by danwest »

Can you not put just put a dimmer for each channel instead of using the sunstrip fixture? Love the piece of kit too. installed many of them on various tv shows.
jslpro

Post by jslpro »

Hi,

when I try matrix with a 1 ch dimmer (par 36 for example) I still cannot put text or animations on it like I can do with RGB fixtures like a matrix from led pars
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Matrixes with single channel fixtures are not possible.
jslpro

Post by jslpro »

but a sunstrip is a 10ch fixture,

what is the best way to do maxtrixes with sunstrips active then ? ik know it posseble with chamsys and martin lj
bealem

Post by bealem »

is this something that is likely to be included in the next update of 3d simulator?
jslpro

Post by jslpro »

How do other user use active sunstips ?

or don't you use matrix with them ?
nijst001

Post by nijst001 »

I have make a ssl 1 channel. I patch them in a matrix 10x1 (each strip). the size of my library is just 10x5x5cm. I put the ssl on the site named as "active Sunstrip 1 Lamp" in the directory "Showtec" (Daslight.com-->Support-->fixture librarys-->Showtec-->Active suntrip 1 Lamp)

Greetz!
jslpro

Post by jslpro »

hello

thats the same then as using generic par spots ? but you stil can't use text on the sunstrips ?

i want to use about 25 sunstrips, and its not easy to program in daslight to get nice animations or text on it.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

It is only possible to play matrix effects on RGB or RGBW fixtures in DVC3. We will think about having it in the future.
jslpro

Post by jslpro »

that would be very nice :-) i'ts something I realy miss
waleeed1

Re: Showtec sunstrip active matrix

Post by waleeed1 »

I was waiting for DVC3, since I read on the forum it has support for ssl2 files wich have multibeam support what is needed for sunstrips.
waleeed