How can i see if one fixture type is also working with an other fixture type that is'nt in the fixture library

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

koenruijgrok
Operating System: Windows

How can i see if one fixture type is also working with an other fixture type that is'nt in the fixture library

Post by koenruijgrok »

Hey,

If i want to work with a fixture that is not in the fixture list, but types like that are (for example, i work with Briteq BTX-Saturn but in the library are only other fixtures of the type Briteq-BTX[something else]), can i connect them eighter way to daslight or do i need to place a request to make an ssl file of my Briteq BTX-Saturn.
And if so, can i use the programmed scenes where i used the Briteq BTX-180 for exemple, for the Briteq BTX-Saturn whithout changing my original programmed scenes?

I hope this makes sense ;)

Regards,

K.
TomHat

Re: How can i see if one fixture type is also working with an other fixture type that is'nt in the fixture library

Post by TomHat »

Hello,

Fixture profile will let the software know what DMX channels are used (and by which types of fixture). So if you chose to use one type of fixture only to change it later, I'm afraid the values you will have set for the first fixture will no longer fit the new type of fixture.

This is why it is important to use the right fixture profile directly : if you don't, there is a great risk you'll have to edit all your scenes when changing fixture type.

Therefore I must advise you to edit the right fixture profile before you start editing your scenes. Although, you always can use any fixture profile if you wish to explore you software's features until you receive (or edit by yourself) the right fixture profile.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
TomHat
--
Daslight Support

Mail : [email protected]
Phone (French) : +33 (0) 616 427 588
Phone (English) : +44 (0) 7 481 811 500