Master strobe effect?

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

giovannigeuze
Operating System: Windows

Master strobe effect?

Post by giovannigeuze »

Hello there, i've been wondering...
Some of my fixtures use scx500 / jb falcon dmx ch 1 for both dimmer and strobe.
I also got a few led pars with just 6 channels, rgb, color, strobe and function
I know i can add an effect with all corresponding strobe dimmer to be triggered in a preprogrammed value.
What i really would love is if i could make a scene, consisting out of 2 steps, one being 100% intensity, other being 0 and regulate strobe speed bij adding a speed slider on the scene button in live screen. Only thing is that led pars will be white then, and that's not what i want, i want them to stay in the color of the running scene, just strobing.

Any change how to manage a variable speed strobe effect without messing up dimmer or rgb values?
Mvinaround
Operating System: Windows

Re: Master strobe effect?

Post by Mvinaround »

Fixtures with a seperate strobe channel work well, Create a new group of scenes, make a scene with all fixtures with the strobe channel ONLY set to a reasonable strobe rate.

Once you've done that set them to Release "Off", set a hotkey if you like, and set it to flash mode.

Should work well, this is how ive done it, also created other "flash" buttons like a bright white for pulse effects, and a DIY blackout flash button... For pars and LED fixtures, its also cool to make some colour override buttons to pulse red for example...
Director @ Somerset Lighting.