Lock a fixture in Live mode

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Steffen
Operating System: Mac OS X

Lock a fixture in Live mode

Post by Steffen »

I have multiple RGB fixtures within a show with preprogrammed scenes including all fixtures.

Now I want to set in some situations one or two single fixtures to a custom configuration (depending on the stage setting). It should not be changed by any scene after that. If I set the faders to LTP it keeps the manual value only until the next step in the scene. HTP doesn't work either, as some scenes use higher values than my manual settings.

Is there any option to "lock" a fixture or channels until they are manually released?

Best regards
Steffen
ChristianB

Post by ChristianB »

Try this.
Select general tab to show all dmx-channels. Search your fixture and set dmx-channels to LTP. Klick on the fader to change the dmx value.

This should work. Not nice but works for me.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Are you sure, that LTP works? As soon as there is a newer value for the specific faders in one of my cue lists, the manual fader setting will be overwritten. Or does LTP (latest takes priority) not work the way what it literaly means?
ChristianB

Post by ChristianB »

You have to change the value. One digit is enough to hold value in ltp. This only works only in general tab not in fixture tab itself.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

I checked your suggestion with the DVC3 demo version, as I don't have the interface, yet. LTP works as long as I stay within a scene. But as soon as I start a new scene (wich uses my "LTP fixture"), my manual fader settings are overwritten.

Maybe there is another way to reach my goal in Daslight: I want to create a couple of universal and colourful scenes for my 8 RGBW PAR fixtures which I can use on many different stages. But some events require that one or two of these PAR fixtures need to stay at a white light for the whole show (No, HTP does not work, as the values may be 90,90,90). Now I want to set these at the beginning to white and they should not change during the show. But as soon as I start the next scene, the values change in any mode (HTP, LTP, auto).

Any ideas?
giovannigeuze
Operating System: Windows

Re: Lock a fixture in Live mode

Post by giovannigeuze »

you could make an effect with the selected fixtures and set the effect to be toggled instead of flash mode. Effects always overrule any scene dimmer values