FollowSpot

The latest Daslight version

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Marcodrum

FollowSpot

Post by Marcodrum »

Hi Simon,
I need to insert while a scene is in play, a position of 2 heads movable on a musician, as a shaper fixed. The so-called Followspot.

I tried to build it as an effect, but it is quite uncomfortable while you search for the position in programming, I tried to make a scene and it works fine until you call another scene of another group that also includes the fixtures that are scheduled for Followspot.

How would I go?

thanks.

Regards.
Marcodrum

Post by Marcodrum »

Hi,
no response?

Thanks! ! !
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Best option is to give yourself a blank scene at the end of the group.

this can be used to get in and out of the editor tab, without the lights flashing to the last edited scene.

so always come in and out of editor via a blank scene.

once in the editor you can access the current scene for the position of the head, now you can make changes to the current position via the head sliders. This change will become the new position and will override the current position.

now go back to the blank scene and exit the editor tab and go back to live.

Alternatively outside of your current group create a set of position paletts in a new group. and use these as overrides during your show, the same applies with a blank scene for in and out of editor tab.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
Marcodrum

Post by Marcodrum »

the problem is that if you call a scene that includes the same fixtures we have just programmed, this has priority and I lose the function.

Thanks anyway the answer :D
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

If I've understood correctly, I'm not sure there's a way around this. What you're looking for is an 'Always take priority' state for a scene which is not available with the Daslight software.