Begginer help.

Wall mounted touch sensitive DMX controllers. DPAD 128, DPAD 512, DPAD GOLD

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

bent
Operating System: Windows

Begginer help.

Post by bent »

Hi. I am new to this controllers, but buy a DPAD 512 and DPAD GOLD last year to project that not was payed by the custumer up front as det deal was. So they have not be used jet. Now I have a custumer that I going to put up 5 - 10 x led par wide light and 6 x led bar in a bowling senter with 10 track. Thay need a simpel way to run the light.
Thay will have 2 senerios.

1: just some slow color change fading between all colors. (slow bowling with light just to get some movement / light inn the lane)

2: Thay will have this to run to sound. (discobowling)

Thay like to have a on /off funsjon inn the bar. Therefor to have a master lamp and rest as slave, and swith betwin auto fade and sound modus on master fixture will not be ok to them.

Can I use the DPAD, and program this in a easy way? The DMX protocol is

1ch: red 0-100%
2ch: green 0-100%
3ch: blue 0-100%
4ch: dimmer 0-100%
5ch:
000 – 000 No function
001 – 005 Sound Control (7 colors)
006 – 010 No function
011 – 255 Strobe (increasing)

Led par and the led bar have the same dmx protocol.

Can we run some sound controll true the software? If we hav a ipad with some software, and this is the same ipad that is running the music from spotify?

Im am new to programing, but understand static dmx and the dmx system. Also sorry my bad enlish.
I will be werry happy to get som help. If i do not fix the programing myself, is there someone that is fast and good on this that I can hire to make the program, and just send it on a file I can load to the controller?

Best regards

Bent.
Benno

Re: Begginer help.

Post by Benno »

Hi Bent,
1: just some slow color change fading between all colors. (slow bowling with light just to get some movement / light inn the lane)
Yes this is possible below is a link to the creating effects video tutorial and user manual which may help.

Creating Effects Video Tutorial : youtu.be/Y-IHHEfzzCw?list=PLQu4nVqOc66Zo5XUkoxgHcF29-OwSzsxX
Creating Effects User Manual : http://www.daslight.com/manuals/#/en/da ... ng-effects

2: Thay will have this to run to sound. (discobowling)
Scenes in Daslight 4 can be synchronised with the music via BPM or Pulse. It’s possible to have some scenes following the pulse and others following the BPM. Below I have included links to the Audio sections of the manual and tutorial.

Audio Video Tutorial : youtu.be/xoiOQn2L3A0?list=PLQu4nVqOc66Zo5XUkoxgHcF29-OwSzsxX
Audio User Manual : http://www.daslight.com/manuals/#/en/da ... live/audio

Can I use the DPAD, and program this in a easy way? The DMX protocol is

1ch: red 0-100%
2ch: green 0-100%
3ch: blue 0-100%
4ch: dimmer 0-100%
5ch:
000 – 000 No function
001 – 005 Sound Control (7 colors)
006 – 010 No function
011 – 255 Strobe (increasing)
You can check to see if your fixtures are already in our library here (store.daslight.com/ssl). If you cannot find your profile you can create an account to request a new fixture.

Can we run some sound controll true the software? If we hav a ipad with some software, and this is the same ipad that is running the music from spotify?
Daslight 4 will not run on a iPad only an actual computer. You can play a .mp3 when a Scene Starts in daslight (See Scene Properties of the Creating Effects User Manual) but this will not control a scene even if you have BPM or Pulse selected. It's possible to setup a virtual audio cable to enable Daslight to detect the BPM or Pulse from another Audio software source.

If i do not fix the programing myself, is there someone that is fast and good on this that I can hire to make the program, and just send it on a file I can load to the controller?
We do not install products ourselves as we are only the manufacturers of the controller but if you tell me where you are located it's possible we might have a distributor nearby who may help?
Benno
--
Product Support