DVC2 GOLD ZM

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

susantha

DVC2 GOLD ZM

Post by susantha »

Hi,
I have a DVC2 GOLD ZM and using the Daslight Virtual Controller 2 to control 240 Archi LED 300 ( 5DMX Channel lights) to illuminate a building. How can I use it in standalone mode schedule with the normal time control.
( Means: I need to switch the LED Lights at evening 6pm and to switch of automaticaly by morning 2am. How do i do this in standalone mode..?)

Please help me.

Thanks,
Susantha from Dubai
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hello Susantha

See the stand alone video tutorial:
http://www.daslight.com/tutorials.php

Stand Alone manual tutorial
http://www.daslight.com/online_manuals/en/276-447-FT8p45-plXXh3dfPJk8.htm
susantha

Post by susantha »

Hi SimonB,

Thanks for the advice, But I check all the videos and documents and its not clear for me to how to set the proper "on" time and a "off" time in the stand alone mode. My main requirement is to switch on all the lights at a specific time in the day and run the scenes and then to switch off all the lights at a given time. In my DVC 2 GZM I have only 3 buttons, a SD Memory card slot USB connection port and the HE10, port triggering socket only. I do not see a battery or other device in the box. How can it hold the time calculation in it as a memory..?
Please explain me.

Thanks,
Susantha.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You cannot switch a scene off in stand alone because there must always be 1 scene running. You need to trigger a different scene and create an OFF scene if you need all lights in the zone to be off
susantha

Post by susantha »

Hi SimonB,
I think still you have not understand my issue. Think like this I have 200 LED Lights I am having RED Colour I need to run the DVC GZM in stand alone mode and I need the all the lights to come on at 6pm and need them to go off at 3am everyday. How do I set the TIME in stand alone mode so that it will start automatically at 6pm and go off at 3am automaticaly..??

Thanks,
Susantha.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You cannot switch a scene off in stand alone. You need to create a trigger at 6pm and then create an off scene and trigger this at 3am.

Regarding the second question which I missed before, yes there is a battery in the DVC2GZM which holds the clock. The battery looks similar to this:
http://www.powerstream.com/licoin.htm
susantha

Post by susantha »

Hi SimonB,
Thanks for the information, I will give a try to create these mentioned scenes and give a try.
Regards,
Susantha.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

does this mean that the new interface the GZM does not require external power to run scenes???

or does it have to be connected to a usb psu, as from the above I deduct there is no longer a dc power inlet.??
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The DVC2 GZM has 1 miniUSB socket. It can be connected with a miniUSB cable or 240volt power adapter (like for mobile phones)
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

so the battery is only for retaining the internal programs and not running them.?

when are we going to see a DVC3 beta?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The battery holds the clock

you'll see a DVC3 beta at plasa
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

can we not see one on the web page. As I will not be attending Plasa this year??? or email me a version please??
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Once we have a beta ready I will send you a link asap
susantha

Hi SimonB

Post by susantha »

I have find the way to run the scenes by the time clock. Thanks as you said it is holding the time in memory inside the DMX box and it is working perfectly.
I am still experimenting the day, week and the month calender. But now I am able to control by the time.
Thanks for the advices.
Regards from Dubai,
Susantha.