Lights not responding

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

blackmagic

Lights not responding

Post by blackmagic »

Hi, I just bought a Daslight DVC2 Gold ZM controller and installed all the software then plugged the interface in to my laptop. I then opened the software and connected the interface to my dmx scanner. I set the dipswitch to start on cannel 1 and went to the live section of the software. The Scanner is not responding to anything I do in the software. The interface has all the correct leds flashing from what I can read in the instruction manual. I know there are no issues with the DMX cable I am using either.

Its brand new out of the box and it won't work. I need something for Saturday night. Can anyone help?

Kind Regards
Ross
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Firstly the interface needs to load it's drivers. this needs to happen twice, one for DMX in and the second for DMX out.

After the interface drivers have been installed then you can start the software. This must always be done in this order.!!

Next check the interface for a green flashing light. this shows that dmx is being transmitted. if the light is static, you have a problem.

Next check your cabeling for the correct polarity of the dmx, this can vary from fixture to fixture.

If all the above fails . contact Simon B in a private message. He will be able to further advise you.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
blackmagic

Post by blackmagic »

Hi Richard, thanks for the advice. I haven't checked polarity yet. The interface is showing PC on the display and the the power LED is lit, There is a red LED just above the 3 pin XLR which i assumed meant it was sending the DMX signal. Should this LED be green?
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The Red LED shows DMX
The Green LED shows communication with the USB

If the interface says PC then the drivers are working and it is working correct with Daslight. It could be a problem with:
-Fixture Adressing
-Fixture itsself
-Fixture profile

Close DVC2, open tools.exe, click the test tab and move the channel faders on the left. Do you have any response from your fixture?

Do you have another lighting fixture or DMX IN interface you can test with?

We must connect the 2 sockets together of the GZM and it must send and receive DMX before it can be validated in our stock, so it is unlikely that there is a problem with the interface.