Changing order of Groups

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

alternativeimports

Changing order of Groups

Post by alternativeimports »

Hi Guys, we are setting up a live show. I am setting the group names in order, eg Item 1, Item 2 etc. But they keep randomly moving out of order Eg Item 10, Item 11, Item 2 (item 1 is now at the bottom of the list), ok fine the software has HEAPS of faults, noticed that. How can I move them back in order? Attempting to drag the groups like you can for the scenes does not work, it just ends up back at the bottom of the list.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

Moving groups is a bit of a performance .

in each group create a new scene.

highlight all the scenes you want to move, (but not the fresh scene)

you can now drag the scenes to where you want ie another group.

it is a pain , but it is the only way to move betweeen groups.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
alternativeimports

Changing order of Groups

What about the random changing order of groups each time i open the software? Seams to more be a problem for DVC2 Beta. We are placing them in order of Production song order but that sometimes changes when re-opening saved light project. Makes running a smooth production difficult when all the live buttons are mixed up.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

I have never come across this, so perhaps Simon B will be along shortly to explain.

try downloading the latest stable instead.?
alternativeimports

Changing order of Groups

Ok, heres more detail of the fault for DVC2 Beta. Groups were named as follows "Item 1", "Item 2" right up to "Item 20". Once closing the software and re-opening they were in order as follows "Item 10", "Item 11", "Item 2", "Item 3" right up to "Item 20", "Item 1" was at the bottom. Seems to be sorting in number order, "Item 1" at the bottom doesn't make sense.

So re-sorted, next time we re-opened, same problem.

Richard, please explain more about your last coment "try downloading the latest stable instead.?"
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

you have downloaded the DVC2 beta software 3/3/2011 which is generally the next version to be released but may contain some bugs.

there is also be a stable version of the software to download.11/2/2011.

this is just called DVC2.

I strongly suggest un installing the beta version first.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I've just had a play around with this and it does seem quite strange, I'll see if we can make a quick fix
alternativeimports

Changing order of Groups

Hi Simon, that would be great. Been testing problem, same for DVC2 or Beta. Create 20 new groups (in order 1-20), save and exit, re-open and all out of order.

It would be great to have a working update before this Thursday 29th of April. Issue will make live job very confusing.
alternativeimports

Changing order of Groups

Hi Simon, I see in the new update (4/5/2011) the random changing of groups once closed and then re-opened has been fixed, but what about being able to move the groups up and down in the list. This still can't be done.

They are still locked in the order they are programmed with no ability to insert/add another group to the list unless at the end.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The reordering of groups will be available with DVC3. For now they are ordered alphabetically, so I suggest you name your groups with a prefix 01, 02, 03, 04 etc....
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

does the alphabetic reordering of groups in the latest version override manually positioning of groups??
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

I need to check out exactly what is going on with the groups, it doesn't make sense to me. I'll get back to you on it this week
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

The groups are not actually ordered alphabetically. This was a bug which sometimes occurred and is fixed in the latest version. Groups will stay as you originally put them