Can't find driver. Need help asap

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

AoS Lighting

Can't find driver. Need help asap

Post by AoS Lighting »

I just received the DVC2 Gold ZM. I installed the driver via the cd that came with it, but the computer is not finding it. When I plug the interface in it says found new hardware "00000000" (give or take some zeros). Then I go into device manager and it is shown as "?" "000000000". when I click on update driver it says it can't find it on the disc or my computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi

Open tools.exe. Is the interface detected here? If not, try it on a different machine. Make sure you install the software first.

If your interface is still not detected, please e-mail me the following info:
-serial number which can be found on a sticker on the underside of the circuit board
-Name
-Address
-Telephone number

I will need to set up an RMA
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Ok, I downloaded the latest version of the Daslight website and it is finding the interface! But now when I try to open the software it says that DVC2 has encountered a problem and had to close.. Any suggestions? I have windows XP..

Thanks!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, we have tested the latest Daslight version with windows XP and we have no problems.

Does it crash straight away?
Does it crash even when no interface is connected?
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Yes, It crashes right away. I have downloaded the latest version of the software and windows service pack 3 and it is still crashing right away. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

and yes, it also crashes with the interface connected..
Andre

Post by Andre »

Try un-installing the program and deleting anything left after it has been undeleted.
If you can find and remove the drivers for the interface via the control panel etc. then do so.
Run a registry cleaner, a free and good one is called Eusing regcleaner.
Get the lastest version of DVC2 from website, it is dated 11 Feb 2011.
Do not connect the interface.
Install the software including the drivers and accept any message to say they have not been verified by Micros*ft.
Then see if software will start up, if it does, then add a fixture, create a scene and save it. Close program.
Connect interface and ensure it's detected. Now start prgram again.

That is all I can suggest at the moment.
Andre
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

One other thing to try before a complete reinstall..it could be an updated fixture profile causing the crash on our previously opened show.

Go to c:\Daslight virtual controller 2\light projects

Remove all your projects from this folder and put them into a temporary folder. DVC2 will start a new blank show when opened
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Im not at the computer right now, but I can almost guarantee that the old profile is the problem. I bought a new computer and it is working fine except when I try to load a certain show. The same show that it is trying to open with initially on the other computer. I will try it when I get home, but I am certain that is the problem.. Thank you, it makes perfect sense now and is a load off my mind! haha

So is there a way to open the show with the old profile? Or would I just have to reprogram?

Thanks again!
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

Well that did it. It is working fine now :)

Is there a way to open the show with the old profile? Maybe a way to remove the old profile from the show file without having to have DVC2 open?

Thanks so much for your help!
AoS Lighting

Post by AoS Lighting »

I figured out which fixture is the problem. It is the "HighEnd Technobeam 18ch" profile. As soon as I click on it in the profile list, on the left side of the patch screen, it makes the whole program crash instantly. Think there will be a fix for this? I have a show tomorrow and need that profile so I am just going to create a new one, but just a heads up... Thanks!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Thanks for that, we'll fix this profile/daslight issue in the next release