When creating new fixtures, show mode faders change assigned fixtures

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

juanjo
Operating System: Windows

When creating new fixtures, show mode faders change assigned fixtures

Post by juanjo »

In our project we have several 'single channel' dimmers assigned to diferent lamps that are mapped to different fader objects configured in ShowMode.

If another fixture is lately patched, all these faders get assigned to the next fixture creating a weird and chaotic result.

For example lets say we have single channels A, B, and C in dmx addresses 20 21 and 22. In show mode faderA faderB and faderC correlate to single channel dimmers A B and C. Now, if you add another fixture in dmx address 19 for example, faderA in show mode will "jump" one address and will correlate with channelB, faderB to channelC and faderC will have no effect.

The result is that after creating a show, if new patch is done before one particular dmx address (with single channels at least) correlation between objects in ShowMode and dmx addresses is lost! "jumping" as many dmx addresses as NEW dmx addresses had been created.
Benno

Re: When creating new fixtures, show mode faders change assigned fixtures

Post by Benno »

Hi juanjo,

This is strange I can't seem to reproduce here. Can I check you are using the latest Official version of Daslight 4 (02.08.18)? www.daslight.com/download.htm

If it's the same in the latest build then send me a short screen grab video of the problem along with your showfile so I can check it further.

Thanks
Benno
--
Product Support
juanjo
Operating System: Windows

Post by juanjo »

if I repeat the problem I will be forced to reassign 40 fixtures again.

Just let me explain again.

I have a few "single channel dimmers" assigned in Show Mode to different real world fixtures (dimmers).
If I patch a new RGB fixture (for exmaple) before (lower dmx address) these single channel dimmers, Show Mode asignement rolls down one fixture and looses old assigment.

see picture
Attachments
borra.jpg
borra.jpg (119.3 KiB) Viewed 11184 times
Benno

Post by Benno »

Can't reproduce I'm afraid. What version of the software are you using? Can you send me your showfile so I can test it here?
Benno
--
Product Support