DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE ON DVC3 GZM WITH LATEST DVC3!!

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

crazydj99

DO NOT UPDATE FIRMWARE ON DVC3 GZM WITH LATEST DVC3!!

Post by crazydj99 »

Hi guys, I've had MASSIVE troubles with updating the firmware on my DVC GZM device with the included "Tools.exe" program and the included firmware with the latest DVC3 patch. IF YOU HAVE MADE THIS MISTAKE, pray that you have an old version of DVC2 still floating around, and re-flash your device with the "tools.exe" program in the DVC2 program folder. You'll have to re-adjust your DMX timings to the most standard timings as they default back to a very slow preset once you restore your firmware.

THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL. DASLIGHT PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP. I had funky problems like not being able to address anything above channel 58 without all my fixtures flashing like mad.

FIX THIS ASAP THANKS.
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hello. I don't see any troubles with the firmware included with the latest DVC3. Which version are you referring to?
crazydj99

Post by crazydj99 »

The latest version in May that you supplied? Flash your DVC3 GZM with that firmware and you'll see exactly what I mean. Also there are freezing-ups when trying to load fixtures and all sorts of bugs sometimes resulting in a full software crash. Please test your software well and truly before you release it.. The many problems I've had are making me want to turn to another software type, and I don't feel as I can recommend it to my clients anymore.
lxrixta

Post by lxrixta »

Unfortunately I didn't see this till after i updated my firmware!

I previously had the issue with the interface dropping DMX output randomly, I fixed this by using a powered hub, all was good! last couple of weeks the interface would crash (had to close software, unplug, replug, restart software) but this was becoming more frequent, checked at the tools app, discovered there was a firmware update, so did this...and then...!

I can confirm the above bug! the interface went to standalone mode, calling my backup scene... but it had a fade up time (not programmed) of about 5 seconds...

Then opened DVC3, at this point I join the "interface not detected" club! :roll: DVC2 & 3 refuse to see it...but...the tools app can still see it, as can windows...

Figuring that maybe the firmware hadn't worked i then re-flashed it... but now standalone doesn't work, and DVC 2 & 3 still cant see it :cry:

so then i tried going back to an older version of the firmware, still no different, back to the new one and again, interface not detected, I have completely un-installed DVC3 and re-installed but no change, I have also tested this on 3 different computers with 3 different cables, with powered hubs and without powered hubs!

if i go into test mode, DMX output does still work.

if i close tools app, interface flashes 'off' (memory card is now removed) but all 3 red LEDs still blink as if they are still sending DMX (but no dmx output) Amber & Green LEDs stay on static

if i open tools the display changes to 'pc', LED's as above
if i open test mode the green led blinks, DMX output now active

sooo, now i have a box with some pretty lights that doesn't seem to do much!

Versions:
tools app - Jul 12 2013. 15:43:08
DVC3 - Jun 4 2013
Interface -
(Sticker Inside) DVC 2 Gold ZM
SIUDI-7A(1024)
Firmware 1.20
SN - 0
Product Code - 0 (yes these do actually say 0 which seems odd!)
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64bit

Any Help greatly appreciated!
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Download the latest DVC2 and start your interface in bootloader mode. To do this:

power off your interface
create a shortcut on p2-p3-p4-GND ports
power on your interface
start tools.exe
update the firmware
power off your interface
remove the shortcut
power on your interface
start tools.exe
update the firmware again

A ball of foil can be used as a quick way to connect the ports

If you're still having trouble with this, send me and e-mail