No response to ports in stand alone mode

The top of the range Daslight product, with miniSD memory and 3 DMX universes

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

simonmitch

No response to ports in stand alone mode

Post by simonmitch »

Hi, While the unit plays back perfectly in live from the software with the scenes I've made and they overlap perfectly when I trigger multiple scenes, when I write the scene and then trigger them from the ports, nothing happens?

The ports are showing as being triggered in the hardware configuration tool, but do nothing when I go into actual stand alone mode, the display just sits on A01.

The port config worked fine on the standard DVC3 i was trying before so I'm pretty sure I've allocated the ports correctly so it should be doing something.

Serial number is 106474 and firmware is 1.9.

Help please!!!!

Cheers
Simon
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Hi, which DVC3 version are you using?
simonmitch

Post by simonmitch »

Sami sent me a reply and I've now downloaded the beta version and the unit responds to the ports.

However although the scenes work perfectly both in Live and play back from Editor, when in standalone mode they glitch, the glitch seems to happen when it goes from step to step.

I've emailed Sami the file I'm using I think its probably a firmware issue or something in the file transfer as it does work perfectly except for stand alone.

Thanks again

Simon
simonmitch

Post by simonmitch »

I've done some more tests and it does the same thing if I put all the scenes in one zone, so it's not the zone recombination thats not working.

Hope thats some help.

Regards
Simon
simonmitch

Post by simonmitch »

I have just created a new file incase the issue was because the old file was created with the other version of DV3 and did a nice simple cross fade, it works beautifully in Editor and Live but is even more messed up in stand alone than the other one was.

I've emailled the file to Sami.

Hope we can solve this pretty quickly as I really need to get the scenes programmed up and tested early next week.