Windows 7 64-bit

Upgrades are now managed via our webstore - http://store.daslight.com/upgrade/

Moderators: TomHat, simonB, Benno

smokeAndMirrors
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Contact:

Windows 7 64-bit

Postby smokeAndMirrors » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi, I currently have DVC2 512 but my laptop died and my new one has Windows 7 64-bit. What Daslight interfaces can I upgrade to?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

simonB
Site Admin
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Postby simonB » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:24 pm

Please note the following interfaces support 64 bit Windows operating systems:

DVC2 GZM
DVC2 128-M
DVC2 ECO

The following interfaces ONLY support 32 bit operating systems
DVC2 512
DVC2 GOLD

There will be new interfaces released to replace the 2 montioned above within the next year. Daslight will offer upgrade deals for existing customers

smokeAndMirrors
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Contact:

Postby smokeAndMirrors » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:42 pm

simonB wrote:Please note the following interfaces support 64 bit Windows operating systems:

DVC2 GZM
DVC2 128-M
DVC2 ECO

The following interfaces ONLY support 32 bit operating systems
DVC2 512
DVC2 GOLD

There will be new interfaces released to replace the 2 montioned above within the next year. Daslight will offer upgrade deals for existing customers


How much in GBP would an upgrade to DVC2 ECO from DVC2 512 cost me (in GBP?) and how would I go about arranging that?

Cheers

Julian
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

simonB
Site Admin
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Postby simonB » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Infact this is a downgrade, the only reason the the DVC2 ECO supports 64 bit is because it's a newer design.

You could upgrade to the ZM for 349 euros (the ££ change daily depending on the exchange rate). You would get a 3rd DMX universe, an SD card to store unlimited scenes, multi zone(up to 5 scenes at once) and full access to the Virtual 3D simulator.

If you purchased your interface within the past 2 months, we can downgrade this for free, but you would lose 1 dmx universe and the stand-alone memory.

smokeAndMirrors
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Contact:

Postby smokeAndMirrors » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:18 pm

simonB wrote:Infact this is a downgrade, the only reason the the DVC2 ECO supports 64 bit is because it's a newer design.

You could upgrade to the ZM for 349 euros (the ££ change daily depending on the exchange rate). You would get a 3rd DMX universe, an SD card to store unlimited scenes, multi zone(up to 5 scenes at once) and full access to the Virtual 3D simulator.

If you purchased your interface within the past 2 months, we can downgrade this for free, but you would lose 1 dmx universe and the stand-alone memory.


My DVC2 512 was bought 2 years ago. I don't use stand-alone, and don't currently use more than 1 universe, so it's basically a cross-grade for me. I can't afford 349Euros, for sure, but I'd be happy to pay something for the "downgrade".
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

simonB
Site Admin
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Postby simonB » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 pm

OK Daslight will let you downgrade for free. e-mail yannick your serial number,
support@daslight.com, send the interface back to our european office and you will be sent a new one.

smokeAndMirrors
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Contact:

Postby smokeAndMirrors » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:22 pm

simonB wrote:OK Daslight will let you downgrade for free. e-mail yannick your serial number,
support@daslight.com, send the interface back to our european office and you will be sent a new one.


Thanks Simon, I have sent the details to the above email address. Could I have the (physical) address to send the hardware to?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

simonB
Site Admin
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Postby simonB » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:51 pm

Sure, it's...

Daslight Europe (head office)
838 rue de l'Aiguelongue
34090 Montpellier - France

smokeAndMirrors
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Contact:

Postby smokeAndMirrors » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Thanks! For the attention of...?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

simonB
Site Admin
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Postby simonB » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:29 am

Write RETURNS at the top, it'll get to the right guy

smokeAndMirrors
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:07 pm
Contact:

Postby smokeAndMirrors » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:23 pm

OK, thanks Simon, posted off today. One more thing: could you post (somewhere appropriate on the forum) step-by-step instructions for installing the 64-bit drivers?
A lie goes half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on.

simonB
Site Admin
Posts: 1262
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:57 pm

Postby simonB » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:13 am

This should all be automatic in the latest DVC2 setup file release. Let me know if you have any problems


Return to “Upgrade”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest