Controlling With A Lightboard..

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Panhead

Controlling With A Lightboard..

Post by Panhead »

Hey,

Just thought I'd ask, I have an Elation Stage Setter 8 lightboard. It has a MIDI in/out, could I hook the lightboard into my computer and use it with Daslight? Like if there is a chase going, and I want to change the color, instead of re-programming the chase, just use one of the sliders to change the color.
Similar to what the Whole Hog can do, you can change colors/gobos/intensity/shutter during an active chase.
That would be really helpful. If I cant already do that, could that be a feature in an up-coming version of Daslight?

Thanks,

-Chris-
Andre

Post by Andre »

Well I am not fully conversant with the use of Midi on Daslight, but in theory yes. At the moment Midi signals are used to trigger scene starts.
As you know with DVC2 you can have multiple scenes running that overlay on top of each other so you can have individual groups of scenes that just do movement, group of scenes that just do gobos and group of scenes that just do colours.
Then using a midi signal you can trigger any one of those scenes, dependingon how you have you releases it will stop the previous running scene before starting the next one from that group.

We have been promised more in the way of Midi control in the future.

Hope that helps.
Andre
Panhead

Post by Panhead »

Thanks,

Do you know if there is a way, instead of having the sliders on the console control seperate scenes, is there a way for each slider to control a seperate channel?

Such as, if I moved slider 1 on my console, it would change the colors by switching the color channel in daslight to LTP mode? Then that would just over-ride the chase/scene, and I would then not need to have each scene on MIDI, just certain channels.

If that's possible that would be great, if not, I would reccomend making it a feature. So If you have CMY/RGB color mixing, you can just set sliders 1/2/3 on the console to channels x/y/z in Daslight. Then by moving the sliders on the console, it will switch channels x/y/z to LTP mode, and you can color mix on the console. Same thing with Gobos, you can set channel 4 on the console to channel x on Daslight. So when you move channel 4 on the console, it changes channel x in Daslight to LTP mode, and you can choose what-ever gobo you want.

-Chris-
Andre

Post by Andre »

You can't do this via midi at the moment. More power in midi has been promised but when that will be available I do not know. Midi at the moment can only trigger scenes.

I have done this using a 48 channel DMX desk and having it's input on universe 2 of the Daslight DVC2 Gold. I was then able to map the input from that to the correct channels on universe 1.
The only problem I had with that was it overides what you do with in DVC2 and what I mean by that if you colour channel is on channel 1 and have that mapped to a slider on your console. It only worked from the slider on the console and not via scenes. I do not know if that is how it's meant to be but I found it a pain to always have to set the slider to get the colour/gobo I wanted rather than the program do it.

So I do not bother now. I do not know if it has changed in the last release.
Andre
tolka

Post by tolka »

Then make a complete copy of the contents of the folder where you installed DVC2 on your first computer on to CD, DVD or other media and then copy it to the folder where you installed DVC2 on the second computer.....!!!!!!!!