SIUDI 5A and Windows 7

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

marcc

SIUDI 5A and Windows 7

Post by marcc »

After reading the online manual i saw that my DVCGOLD 512 supports Win7.

SIUDI5 interfaces can be used only with :
- Windows XP (32-bit)
- Windows VISTA (32-bit)
- Windows SEVEN (32-bit)
- USB 2.0 or...

I have a SIUDI 5A onboard nr 293763368.

So i upgraded my PCgear with a new laptop running on WIN7.
Now my device isn't recogniced. I have a gig next weekend so i'm beginning to get a bit nervous...

Who can help me solving this problemm.

Marc
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Is your windows 7 version 32 or 64 bit?
marcc

Post by marcc »

Simon,

64bit

Marc
marcc

Post by marcc »

damn... i'm beginning to see the problem, all new laptops are 64 bit. Please don't tell me that i can't use my device anymore...
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

...check the spec you posted yourself, as you see, unfortunately it is not 64 bit compatible. The SIUDI5C has been discontinued for almost 2 years.

You need to obtain a 32bit version of windows 7 or upgrade to a newer interface (see the upgrades page on the website).
Richard CSL

SIUDI 5A driver needed.

Post by Richard CSL »

I have a customer with a DVC2 Siudi 5A.

I have recently bought a laptop with windows 7. no idea if it is 32 or 64 bit.

how do I switch between 32 and 64 bit???

When I plug in the interface there is no driver, (as there was with Xp)
I don't have the originaldisc.

can you please send me the driver for SIUDI 5A. Simon.

why are these drivers no longer available from the download page??
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

Right click "my computer" and click properties. Here it will tell you if you are using a 32 or 64 bit version of windows.

The cannot switch between a 32 and 64 bit operating system. You must reinstall the OS.

The driver is included with the DVC installation setup. It is installed when the software is installed. It is called SiudiDriver.exe and can be found in the Daslight installation directory.
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

ok so my computer is 64 bit, so completely useless.

and the device drivers say they are installed but when the USB box is connected it claims there is no driver.??

so none of the older boxes can be used with newer laptops, without dumping the operasting system for an older one????

so the only solution is to part exchange the interface and leave the customer without his control for a couple of weeks????

or use an older laptop??
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
simonB
Site Admin

Post by simonB »

You can use a 32 bit version of windows 7
matt9150

daslight gold

Post by matt9150 »

I purchased a daslight Gold 2 weeks ago, try to load it but the interface is not recognised as i am running window 7 64bit. The Daslight Gold sent from the distributor, was an old unit (Blue casing) and had 2007 software, not impressed.
DJRicoche

64-Bit Drivers

Post by DJRicoche »

This is complete garbage customer service. I don't understand why there isn't a greater outcry out there for a 64-bit driver. It's not like there have been major advances in the DMX512 protocol. Make us a 64-bit driver damn it! We paid good money for these controllers, and expected them to last!

Computer technology evolves rapidly, and companies should keep up with that. The consumer shouldn't have to buy new hardware or downgrade their system as the only two options. What BS.

:evil:
cantago

I want to use my suidi5 interface!

Post by cantago »

I just made the step to Daslight on my new Windows 7 laptop and my interface didn't work. I updated all the drivers, didn't work. So I went looking on the internet for a solution and found out that there isn't a 64-bit driver for the suidi5?! Wtf why not?

I paid a lot of money just like the guy above my post for my DVC Gold device and that only to find out that it can't work any more? I have a lot of connections in the lighting business and convinced a lot of people to use Daslight. But if it isn't possible to get a suidi5 working on Windows 7 than i'll have to search for something else, along with the people I know. I'm quite upset that there isn't an update for it so I hope you will have one ready soon. I'm pretty sure people will buy something else if this will not be made possible. Because why should I believe that a newer version will keep working if this one doesn't? You're destroying your reputation Daslight!

I really hope you guys from Daslight will get this fixed soon because this pisses me off quite a lot.

(ps: Excuse me for my poor English, I'm Dutch.)