DVC4 Gold standalone in a museum triggering with two sensors

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

tbingel
Operating System: Windows

DVC4 Gold standalone in a museum triggering with two sensors

Post by tbingel »

Hi,
I am considering using DVC4 Golds in a museum project of ours.
This is the scenario I have in mind;
In the morning a static scene loads triggered by RTC,
a presence sensor monitors a hall with several exhibits and triggers a dynamic scene when visitors are present via a dry contact port,
another sensor monitors the close vicinity of a particular exhibit and triggers another dynamic scene which focuses on this exhibit,
a master blackout scene is triggered when the visiting hours are over each day.
There will be only three fixtures and a mini laser with a total of 179 channels for each dvc4 Gold.
Would this work?
Thank you.
P-Low

Re: DVC4 Gold standalone in a museum triggering with two sensors

Post by P-Low »

Hello

In theory what you wish to achieve is possible, however if you are using the device in Stand Alone mode, you may need to use the DVC4 GZM interface so that you can have more than one scene playing at once via the use of 'pages' on the device. If you were to use the DVC4 Gold in Stand Alone mode, you would be limited to playing only one scene at a time.

If you were to use live mode, you should be able to control and operate as you desire with the DVC4 Gold, but this would require you to have a computer running continuously whilst being used.

Kind Regards
Daslight Technical Support
tbingel
Operating System: Windows

Re: DVC4 Gold standalone in a museum triggering with two sensors

Post by tbingel »

Hi P-Low,
thank you for your reply.
I don't know if I would need more than one scene to be running to achieve my vision.
Let me elaborate on it:
My simplest setup would be, a wide area occupancy sensor with two contacts (NO, NC), a narrow field sensor watching the particular exhibit with one contact out(NO).
1. While there are no visitors in the hall NC pins of the occupancy sensor short the say, contact #1 of the dvc4 Gold, this triggers the master blackout scene.
2. When visitors occupy the hall NO pins of the occupancy sensor shorts and thus contact #2 on dvc4 Gold triggers another scene.
3. When a visitor comes into the close vicinity of the primary exhibit then the second sensor shorts the dvc4 Gold's contact#3 which triggers a scene which focuses on the exhibit.
4. When the visitors vacate the hall then occupancy sensor defaults to NC pins, thus triggering the master blackout again.
My critical question is; does dvc4 Gold explicitly require a momentary contact or could it work with a shorted contact for long periods of time then the hall is empty? Would having a shorted contact input for long durations be harmful for the device? If so, I would need an intermediate circuit to trigger the controller in momentary fashion.
Thank you.