VC4 Gold - Stand allone mode - no soft transitions

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

lazyland
Operating System: Mac OS X

VC4 Gold - Stand allone mode - no soft transitions

Post by lazyland »

Description of the situation:

I created a group 1 in the software D4 (Tab EDIT) and inserted several static scenes (no effects). Each scene should fade in soft and fade out soft.

Then I have (in the tab LIVE) for each scene a button with which I can activate the scene.

This also works flawlessly up to here: Each time you press one of the buttons (in the LIVE tab), the new scene fades softly over the last one. All transitions work pleasantly soft as desired.

And now comes the problem:

If I save my scenes in the DVC4-Gold Controller and go through with the pushbuttons on DVC4, the memory locations from 1 to 8, then the scenes are indeed correct but unfortunately not with soft transition but hard. So only the soft transition from scene to scene is missing.

My Questions: Where do I make the mistake? If DVC4 can not do that better: How can I handle the problem if I want to use simple closing contacts for triggering?

I hope I have been able to describe the problem in a reasonably understandable way.
Thanks for your support, Ingo
lazyland

Re: VC4 Gold - Stand allone mode - no soft transitions

Post by lazyland »

...is there anybody out here?
P-Low

Post by P-Low »

Hello

When using your Daslight Interface (with default factory settings) in Stand Alone mode, there is an adjustment required in order to get scenes to fade correctly, which many Daslight users overlook.

See the image below; ‘Fade’ (Box 1) needs to be activated, and the fade time needs to be applied to the first step on the ‘Step’ column (Box 2).

Stand Alone mode only records the steps for each scene. It does not record any other property settings, other than the Fade switch highlighted. Users often try to set the fade times with the fade graph (Box 3), which is for live control only and ignored in Stand alone.

Daslight 4 - Stand Alone - Fade Scenes copy.jpg
Daslight 4 - Stand Alone - Fade Scenes copy.jpg (199.14 KiB) Viewed 12432 times

Hopefully this does the trick :)

Kind Regards
Daslight Technical Support
lazyland

Post by lazyland »

Dear P-Low, thank you, that was the solution. You certainly saved me many hours of work. I would probably have tried for hours until I came to this simple solution.

Greetings, Ingo
Datec

Post by Datec »

in DVC3, it works with the fadetime option you told us in your first post.
btw: the DVC3 operation is clearer than DVC4