Midi Control

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

BK Sound

Midi Control

Post by BK Sound »

Hi

How do i go about using a midi controller with daslight?

My controller is a Codanova VMX VJ, which is a USB Midi Controller

www.codanova.com
Andre

Post by Andre »

I cannot remember exactly how to do this, I think it was Midi Program Change command that you have to send it. Assign what channel and value in the DVC2 editor and then match that to your controller.
I also remember that the channel started at 1 rather than 0 so in effect sending channel 1 from you controller would be channel 1 in DVC, which is quite common in Midi controllers etc.

I will dig my Behringer BCF2000 midi controller out and have a go again, I don't use Midi to control it but did do some experimenting, but please be patient as I am very busy at the moment and this will not be a priority to me.
Andre
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

Thanks

Its mainly the faders i wanted to use in Daslight, so i can set up scenes quickly, to save me buying a dmx desk
The live window has all the midi info for triggering scenes and sequences via midi or keyboard but i cant see how i can use midi for faders
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Right now it is only possible to use MIDI NOTE triggering for scenes and effects. We are working on the MIDI contol functions. It wil be available with the next version (March 2008) for sure. You could do midi triggering, midi control with faders and change the scene speed via midi. We will also add a lots of control in the software, like ADD A NEW STEP, CREATE A NEW SCENE, etc... It will be detected automaticaly.
BK Sound

Post by BK Sound »

Hi Vianney

Excellent news thank you, i will await the new release with anticipation.

If you need testers for the midi functions i'll be happy to have a go when you're ready with a beta.
Andre

Post by Andre »

vianney wrote:Right now it is only possible to use MIDI NOTE triggering for scenes and effects. We are working on the MIDI contol functions. It wil be available with the next version (March 2008) for sure. You could do midi triggering, midi control with faders and change the scene speed via midi. We will also add a lots of control in the software, like ADD A NEW STEP, CREATE A NEW SCENE, etc... It will be detected automaticaly.

Hi Vianney, thats sounds fantastic. looking forward to that :)

Thanks for the correction on which part of MIDI is used to trigger a scene, told you I could not remember :)
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Midi command are now available in the beta version.
We will officialize it this month