firmware update

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

greghig

firmware update

Post by greghig »

Trying to update my controller firmware to the latest version. (gold). when i try to run the executible, I get an error message that "dashard.dll" not found. How do I resolve this. the file is located in the daslight directory, the windows dorectory and the windows/system directory. Why cant it wind it?
Andre

Re: firmware update

Post by Andre »

greghig wrote:Trying to update my controller firmware to the latest version. (gold). when i try to run the executible, I get an error message that "dashard.dll" not found. How do I resolve this. the file is located in the daslight directory, the windows dorectory and the windows/system directory. Why cant it wind it?

Copy the update program to the daslight folder and run it from there.
Andre
greghig

Post by greghig »

Well, It made a little progress. It does run now giving me the option to compare or update. But now I get an error that says "Open DEVICE...ERROR -1" and the only option is to close. The reciever is plugged in and can be seen when I run the virtual controller. Any more suggestions?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Are you sure it's a DVC2 Gold as it sgould do it automatically, you should not have to copy anything anywhere.
Andre
greghig

Post by greghig »

Well, thats what I purchased and it does have an internal timer amd memory since I also use it stand alone. When I run the daslight program it does say "DVC2 Gold" on the splash screen. If its not a gold, Im not sure how to tell.
Andre

Post by Andre »

OK, I take you have downloaded the firmware.zip and have unzipped it.
You should end up with 3 folders and I am assuming you are trying to use the update in the "DVC2 GOLD + DVC512" folder.
That is for interfaces that are from before 01 January 2007 and is for siudi5 interfaces.

I suspect yours is a siudi6 interface (later version), try the update program in the DVC2 ECO 512 + DVC2 128 folder as that is for siudi6 interfaces.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

The DVC2 GOLD firmware do not need to be updated. Or only for interfaces sold in 2006.
The software will detect if your interface firmware need ot be updated.
Most of time Firmware are for the first version of the interface.
If you purchase recently, you won't need to upgrade.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Thanks Vianney for the info on "Firmware" updating.
Andre