Vista 64 bit ?

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

Rekal

Vista 64 bit ?

Post by Rekal »

is there a idea when the Daslight software will work with vista64 ?

is it possible to you Virtual pc ?

greetz Remy Kallen
Andre

Post by Andre »

Most probably will happen, but do not hold your breath.

When you say a virtual PC do you mean running as a program on another operating system such as Linux etc. If so the only way to fing out is to try it unless someone has already done it then they might tell you in another reply.
It really depends on if the drivers will load and the usb interface be recognized properly. Doubt it would run that good though if at all.

Laptop PCs are cheap enough now to buy one and use.

It has been done on MACs with Bootcamp and Parallels but that is not the same as a Virtual PC.
Andre
greghig

Shouldnt be a problem.

Post by greghig »

Since XP is no longer sold and just about every new computer has 64 bit installed, I would think Daslight would make this a number one priority.

For the programmers at daslight. Actually, Its not that complicated to compile a 32 bit version that will operate under vista 64 (or xp64 for that matter). If you are using visual basic or c++, just check the flag to "Run under 32 bit compatibility" checkbox and re-compile as usual. The exe should then run. Game developers do this all the time. (hint, there's a reason there is a "Program Files (x86) directory in windows). This looks like a job for...... Super Daslight! If you have the code available, it should take all of 60 seconds to do.

I desperately need to be able to run this under 64bit vista also.
greg
Andre

Re: Shouldnt be a problem.

Post by Andre »

greghig wrote:Since XP is no longer sold and just about every new computer has 64 bit installed, I would think Daslight would make this a number one priority.

For the programmers at daslight. Actually, Its not that complicated to compile a 32 bit version that will operate under vista 64 (or xp64 for that matter). If you are using visual basic or c++, just check the flag to "Run under 32 bit compatibility" checkbox and re-compile as usual. The exe should then run. Game developers do this all the time. (hint, there's a reason there is a "Program Files (x86) directory in windows). This looks like a job for...... Super Daslight! If you have the code available, it should take all of 60 seconds to do.

I desperately need to be able to run this under 64bit vista also.
greg

Total rubbish, you can still get XP on computer and laptops.
As for most Vista being 64bit is also rubbish, as most hardware out there does not have 64bit drivers yet. It would be a big mistake to only have 64bit available.
Be honest you want 64bit for some unkown reason and that is why you are asking about drivers.
Andre
greghig

Post by greghig »

Total rubbish, you can still get XP on computer and laptops.

Correct, you can but only if its already installed. Microsoft stopped selling xp alltogether starting Jan 1. All they are doing is letting the OEM sell off what is in stock. They even bought back xp from all the wallmarts. Once thats gone, Thats it. Microsoft also let the licencing with dell, gateway, and most others for OEM and preinstalled OS's expire. New systems MUST have VISTA 32 or 64. Some manufactures are offering lunix as an option because of this. This information is on the microsoft websight under press releases. FYI, It has also been said on many computer threads and magazines that microsoft will stop authorizing keycodes for XP and V32 after the release of windows 7. Which means once youve installed a legit copy, your good until it crashes. After that, you wont be able to authorize it. Microsoft is trying to FORCE manufactures to build systems to operate their software. Steve Balmer said "Unfortunately, Manufactures who dont want to support a 64 but system [hardware & software wise] will be left behind. The future is 64 bit processing and that is where we are going. Prices for systems that are duel core and capable of running 64bit are now afforordable." That has been their plan all along. You should be able to google this information.

As for most Vista being 64bit is also rubbish, as most hardware out there does not have 64bit drivers yet. It would be a big mistake to only have 64bit available.

Your right, a BIG mistake, but what are you going to do? I have a $2750.00 color publishing laser printer collecting dust because Minolta wont make a simple 64bit printer driver. Minolta said I would have to buy a new updated printer. (its only 2 years old). See a pattern here?

Be honest you want 64bit for some unkown reason and that is why you are asking about drivers.

Duh.., Thats the operating system I HAVE to run to support my software. My "unknown reason" is because I have to.

greg
Rekal

Post by Rekal »

is it possible to you Virtual pc ?

i mean ::: is it possible to youse virtual pc.

i have win vista 32 but i have 4gb ram and win32 wont work with more then 3gb ram, so i like to install the vista64 bit version and then i maybe install virtual pc tot run a vista32 bit driver.

its not a good idea i think... i will wait untill the daslight 64 bit version will come.
greghig

virtual pc?

Post by greghig »

Actually Ive never ran virtual pc. I could be wrong but I dont think it would work. The problem isnt in the daslight program, but the driver to "see" the controller (in my case gold). I dont think you can run drivers in a virtual machine. Either way, I have quite a few clients Ive installed lighting for (using the daslight controller) and they will be upgradeing their computers soon. For example one location is a bowling alley and they have one computer that operates all the lanes. This computer also operates the lighting in the background. They are upgradeing the computer in a few weeks (which will have V64 on it) because that's what the software they are upgradeing to requires. They really dont want to run a second computer just to fun the lights. I also have a ballroom that is upgradeing their system and will run in to the same problem.

If anyone from daslight is monitoring this thread, I would be happy to beta test any thing you have right now. Just let me know.

greg
sasch20579

driver vista 64 bit

Post by sasch20579 »

Hello
searching for driver vista 64 bit.
please help me.
sorry my english is not so good, because i´m from germany.?!?

Interface dvc2/512
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

The BETA Version is available for 64 bits Windows Vista Systems.
With this version we give a 64Bit driver for DVC2 ECO and DVC2 128-M interfaces only. The version will be official soon.
The DVC2 GOLD and DVC2 512 are compatible 32 bit system only.
We will replace them with a new hardware soon.

Here is the latest Daslight newsletter:
New USB drivers for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows OS are now available for the DVC2 ECO 512 and the DVC2 128-M USB/DMX interfaces. Only the Virtual Controller 2 (DVC2) can manage 64 bits, not the old DasLight software (DVC1).

Important notices:
- The new driver only works with 64 bits for the DVC2 ECO, the DVC2 128-M, and the next generation DasLight interfaces.

- All other USB electronic interfaces previously supplied by DasLight do not use the new 64 bit drivers. They work only under the 32 bit mode with the current 32 bit drivers.

- To be compatible with 64 bits, systems without any problems must use the Beta version of DVC2 or an updated version of the software (as of March 2009), and you need to manually install the new divers.

- The Beta version is available from www.daslight.com and offers the possibility to install either the 32 bit (old) or 64 bit (new) drivers.

- This new driver is not compatible with an older version of the DVC2 software (versions earlier than March 2009)

- The DVC1 software (first generation) does not manage 64 bit systems so you must use the 32 bit driver.

Ps: these informations are also available in the LATEST NEWS link of the Daslight web site.
ltjarl

Post by ltjarl »

Will Daslight come with a 64 bit version that works for DVC2 GOLD? If so, when?
Andre

Post by Andre »

ltjarl wrote:Will Daslight come with a 64 bit version that works for DVC2 GOLD? If so, when?

No you will have to upgrade you interface to one of the newer version that will support the 64bit driver.
Andre
ltjarl

Post by ltjarl »

Andre wrote:
ltjarl wrote:Will Daslight come with a 64 bit version that works for DVC2 GOLD? If so, when?

No you will have to upgrade you interface to one of the newer version that will support the 64bit driver.

Upgrade like buy a new hardware or upgrad like changing Firmware?