Updating firmware interface

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

sparkymarkyracing

Updating firmware interface

Post by sparkymarkyracing »

Hi Guys, Im running the DVC 2 Gold interface (approx 18 months old) and cannot update when i select the S5 update program it says connect interface and press start, but start is greyed out also the serial number is not shown, i have tried connecting then running the update and vica verser, any ideas.

Mark.
Andre

Re: Updating firmware interface

Post by Andre »

sparkymarkyracing wrote:Hi Guys, Im running the DVC 2 Gold interface (approx 18 months old) and cannot update when i select the S5 update program it says connect interface and press start, but start is greyed out also the serial number is not shown, i have tried connecting then running the update and vica verser, any ideas.

Mark.

Don't think you should be updating with the S5 firmware if you have a DVC2 Gold. Should be the S6 firmware. As the S5 update if for interfaces before 01/01/2007.
Andre
sparkymarkyracing

Post by sparkymarkyracing »

sparkymarkyracing wrote:Hi Guys, Im running the DVC 2 Gold interface (approx 18 months old) and cannot update when i select the S5 update program it says connect interface and press start, but start is greyed out also the serial number is not shown, i have tried connecting then running the update and vica verser, any ideas.

Mark.

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the reply but the s6 firmware is in the folder firmware/DVC2 ECO 512 + DVC2 128 is this correct.

Mark.
Andre

Post by Andre »

sparkymarkyracing wrote:

Mark.

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the reply but the s6 firmware is in the folder firmware/DVC2 ECO 512 + DVC2 128 is this correct.

Mark.

Yes mate it is for all interfaces, unless yours is before 01/Jan/2007.

There are readme files in each of the folders.
Andre
vianney
Site Admin

Post by vianney »

Most of the DVC2 GOLD and the DVC2 512 do not need to be Updated (firmware).
Only the old one (2006 and 2007 versions) will request the update.

To update, it is recomanded to use the LATEST DVC2 version (official), use the latest drivers and install well the driver.

So if the software cannot update it automatically, it is recomanded to use the Firmware tool. Each interface has a specific firmware. use the latest version with the latest drivers well installed.