Before buying (questions)

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

port513

Before buying (questions)

Post by port513 »

Tried to ask this in the software forum but got no answer.

If this hardware/software suits my needs I will buy a DVC2 GOLD next month or so.

My question is how I sync music to scenes etc, is that possible or do I have to manually fire the scene when it shoul be trigered? At YouTube you can watch many music sync but I can't find any good tutorial on how to do that.

So is this hardware/software the right equipment for me or not?

/Henrik
Andre

Post by Andre »

You cannot sync to music played on your PC unless you can re-route to the in-port of your sound card.
You can attach a microphone and use that to pick up the sounds from your PC if you want or plug the out of a CD player to the in of your sound card.

Hope that helps.
Andre
port513

Post by port513 »

Pretty much but as Vista can listen to a specific application it should be an easy task to just listen to WMP for an example.

So why does this software only listen to the inport of the soundcard?

/Henke
Andre

Post by Andre »

port513 wrote:Pretty much but as Vista can listen to a specific application it should be an easy task to just listen to WMP for an example.

What do you mean that Vista can listen to a specific application ?
I have been programming for over 25 years and I would not call it an easy task. Unless you are a programmer how do you know it will be an easy task ?

port513 wrote:So why does this software only listen to the inport of the soundcard?

You would need to ask the programmers of the softwware for that and as it is not just for Windows Vista, it was designed on Windows XP before Vista came out.

Also as many other lighting and laser creation applications have found out, they modify them all the time and keeping up with the current plugins is an impossible task. I have this problem with Medialas Mamba Black it has WinAmp support but for an early version that I don't have, I have tried the recommended fixes but no joy. Not really a problem for me because I do not use music sync anyway as I do live work for a band.

I also assume because it will use less resources on low spec PCs/Laptops that Daslight can run on.
Andre
port513

Post by port513 »

I'm a programmer too so I really can't see the big problem to have the BPM calculator to listen booth to input and to internal sounds.

What I mean about that Vista can listen to a single application. In audio control panel you can mute a single application and let all others go through. That means you can listen to a specific application right?

Now I don't develop software for sound analyzing but I can't se the big problem.

I develop mainly in MASM, C#, C++ and for the microcontrollers ASM, C++ and some Spin (for the Propeller processor).

/Henrik