DVC2 GOLD / DMX Low Signal / Fixture Flip out.

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

garyalsop

DVC2 GOLD / DMX Low Signal / Fixture Flip out.

Post by garyalsop »

Hi,

We have a number of different fixtures which we want to control from our DVC2 Gold but are having some serious flip outs with some of our fixtures. We are using quality shielded DMX cables and don't seem to get any problems from our avolites tiger desk. (DMX Controller)

We have 12 moving head AD VisiBeam 5R and when trying to control more than 4 they tend to start twitching and often just going off and doing random things. This has been the case since purchase as it just doesn't seem to like handling more than a few fixtures.

Could anyone offer any thing to try etc. I think it could possibly be a faulty unit as I can only imagine the signal just isn't strong enough?

Many Thanks
Gary Alsop
Richard CSL

Post by Richard CSL »

probably your best solution is to purchase a dmx splitter from Thomann or alike.

DVC does spit out dmx according to the proper spec, but some lights (especially older ones) have a problem with the refresh rate from DVC. especially suseptable are older demux units as well.

using a splitter solved my problems and you may wish to use a terminating plug at the end of the line just to make sure.
Music sets the mood Lighting sets the ambience
lucybrade

Post by lucybrade »

If I install a second operation system WinXPx32 (or other x32) SUIDI5A driver will work?