Problem with dvc2 gold (works only in stand alone mode)

512 In, 512 out or 2x512 out. Stand Alone memory (512 out)

Moderators: TomHat, simonB

rule1983

Problem with dvc2 gold (works only in stand alone mode)

Post by rule1983 »

I bought this interface,and I instaled everythin on my PC DVC2 and drivers and everything,but I can't work through this interaface with with my scanner martin roboscan 812, or eurolite led par, or American DJ revoII ,nothing was worked.
But what can I do?
I can make some scene without seening that scene on equipment maybe only on the 3D,and upload it on tha interface stand alone and save that scene.
After testing stand alone,or shuting down program, that scene works jjust fine from stand alone, exactly as I make it on DVC2.

I also tried and DVC old version but dont works.
I was instaled it on pentum 1Ghz PC and laptop pentium 1,6Ghz, I dont think that's something about computers.
Is there any catch about the softver to works live on the equpiment that I instaled on it.

Please help.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Hi rule1983,

Not sure if you know this...
The Martin Robscan 812 is an old Martin device from about 1998-99 it has pins 2 & 3 swapped on the DMX in/out.
You will need a couple of phase reversing cables or make your own.
You need to swap pins 2 & 3 at one end of the cable.
You will need 2 because you want to reverse it back to normal.
It states this in the Roboscan manual on page 7. The manual can be found on the following link.
http://www.martin.com/service/downloadf ... PDF&cat=65

I have done this in the past with short DMX cables and left them attached at all times and marked them so I could easily identify them from "normal" DMX cables.

Later fixtures from Martin adopted the standard DMX pin outs.

I hope that helps.
Andre
rule1983

Post by rule1983 »

Andre wrote:Hi rule1983,

Not sure if you know this...
The Martin Robscan 812 is an old Martin device from about 1998-99 it has pins 2 & 3 swapped on the DMX in/out.
You will need a couple of phase reversing cables or make your own.
You need to swap pins 2 & 3 at one end of the cable.
You will need 2 because you want to reverse it back to normal.
It states this in the Roboscan manual on page 7. The manual can be found on the following link.
http://www.martin.com/service/downloadf ... PDF&cat=65

I have done this in the past with short DMX cables and left them attached at all times and marked them so I could easily identify them from "normal" DMX cables.

Later fixtures from Martin adopted the standard DMX pin outs.

I hope that helps.

Thanks about that,but I frget to say that I used to have before this Future light mixer with 192 chanels and I had to swap that pin,and with that cable I also connect to this new interface,and works fine only from Stan alone mode,but not from the live mode or any other that I can do from PC.
Other equpiments like eurolite led par works on normal direct cable just like rave II.
I was trying to make some other dmx adress like 17 not always a 1 but it's work same.
Dont know what to do.
So anyway thank you Andre about your tip.
Andre

Post by Andre »

Does your laptop have USB 2.0 ports ?
DVC2 does require USB 2.0 ports and not 1.0 or 1.1 ports.
Which might be why you can save the show to the unit for standalone playback.

Also I am assuming you have set all the fixtures to the required DMX addresses and in DVC2 you have patched your fixtures to the said addresses.
Andre
rule1983

Post by rule1983 »

Andre wrote:Does your laptop have USB 2.0 ports ?
DVC2 does require USB 2.0 ports and not 1.0 or 1.1 ports.
Which might be why you can save the show to the unit for standalone playback.

Also I am assuming you have set all the fixtures to the required DMX addresses and in DVC2 you have patched your fixtures to the said addresses.

Yes I found out few hours ago at the cousen house when I instaled it on his laptop who has usb 2.0
Now I'm tryin to find out is there any part that can build in my laptop so do I have usb 2.0 something to put in my usb 1.1 and on the other side to be usb 2.0,something like that

By the way thank again Andre, you seem to know everything about this :)
Andre

Post by Andre »

Your welcome, glad I can help.

Nah I I am still learning myself, but have been using DVC2 since the first beta was available.

If your laptop has PC card slot then you can get a PC Card USB port. Should be able to get one quite cheap. I had to with old laptop.

Hope that helps.
Andre